Focus on Women
When living conditions worsen for vulnerable communities, they worsen at even higher rates for women. In destitute circumstances, many women are left widowed, making them the sole providers for themselves and their families. Helping empower women is essential to development across the globe, and providing access to equal opportunities and resources is integral to the mission of Islamic Relief.
We Need YOUR Help
Thanks to you, we’ve been able to accomplish so much. But there’s still so much more to do. By continuing to support our efforts towards women’s programs, you can help make a difference in the lives of those in desperate need.
Islamic Relief’s Dedication to Women’s Programs
Islamic Relief is truly dedicated to our women’s programs across the various sectors we work in including food aid; access to clean water and sanitation, health, and education; socio-economic empowerment; and sustainable livelihood opportunities. Around the world, we’re helping women become leaders, not only in their homes, but their communities.
A few of our interventions include:
- Sustainable livelihood support for orphaned, widowed, and female-headed households in Nepal and Pakistan
- Helping empower women entrepreneurs across the provinces of Balkh, Herat, and Bamyan in Afghanistan
- Socio-economic empowerment and small business opportunities in Somalia
- Access to proper healthcare as well as Islamic microfinance opportunities to help pull women out of the cycle of poverty in Mali and Niger
What happens when you join the fundraising movement?
When you make the decision to help fundraise for the effort, you go beyond just thoughts and prayers. This increased IMPACT is priceless, because it means we’re able to meet more needs of those who are waiting for us to lend a helping hand.
And if you're reading this message, it's because you want to go beyond the call the duty. For you, it's not enough to just keep those sisters in your thoughts and prayer. You want to double your impact by helping to sponsor these emergency efforts and helping deliver aid to those affected by creating a fundraising page. Get started by creating your page today!
We’re so glad you came. Just scroll to the top of the page and click "become a fundraiser" to setup your page and start promoting to your network via e-mail, social media, and your preferred messaging app. Even with a goal as small as $25, you can provide medical supplies for maternal care programs.
"The best among you are those who bring greatest benefits to many others"
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him).
- 1 Memon Family $25,975.45 raised
- 2 Aisha Khan $135.00 raised
- 3 Alex Crowley $108.15 raised
- 4 Raabia Ahmad $75.75 raised
- 5 Said Durrah $51.50 raised
- 6 Hilay Rashid $50.00 raised
- 7 Maram Abdelhamid $50.00 raised
- 8 Zohaib Khan $25.00 raised
- 9 Areeb Gulzar $10.00 raised