Please give generously to help me reach my goal!
Serving on the board at MFCA, I am continually inspired by the loving and generous people who open their hearts and homes to foster children, and by the resilience of children who have suffered abuse and neglect. Supporting this great organization gives me a needed dose of hope and humanity, and makes a real difference in the lives of our community's most vulnerable children.
Marin Foster Care Association is the primary service provider in Marin County for all foster children. Foster placements often last months, and even years, as biological families work to overcome the impediments to family reunification such as drug addiction, violence in the home, mental or physical illness, and incarceration—challenges that are almost always compounded by poverty. Throughout that time, MFCA provides the services and support that can transform this period of profound crisis in a child’s life into a time of security and healing, including:
- Clothing, toys and supplies for each child’s day to day needs
- Academic tutoring and enrichment that builds skills and self confidence
- Mentoring and support that empowers caregivers to meet the needs of their foster children
- Fun events that provide a sense of normalcy and belonging
- Informational resources and advocacy to benefit foster kids
Please contribute as generously as you are able.