One in 26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy sometime during their life. This fall, join us to help raise awareness about epilepsy!
Walk, run, bike or complete 26 miles in 26 days, between October 1st and 26th, 2022.
Syracuse Kick-Off: Saturday, October 1, 2022, at Abbott Farms, 3275 Cold Springs Rd., Baldwinsville, NY
Rochester Kick-Off: Sunday, October 2, 2022, at Wickham Farms, 1315 Sweets Corners Rd., Penfield, NY
Schedule of events for both Kick-Off Days:
- 8:00 am: Registration
- 9:00 am: One mile walk
- 10:00 am: Your registration ticket includes an ALL DAY PASS for the farm site of the kick-off event you attend. Stay as long as you like and enjoy some fall fun! Take photos and post on social media using #OneIn26EPI.
Check out photos from the 2021 inaugural event at Wickham Farms in 2021.
Ages 13+: $26
Children age 3 – 12: $15
Children Under 3: Free
Team of Ten $260
HELP PROMOTE THE CHALLENGE!
Click here to access posters, flyers, sample emails, social media tools and other material to promote the challenge in your workplace and with friends and family.
Yes, we can use volunteers to help run both kick-off events!
Click here to volunteer for the 10/1/22 SYRACUSE event at Abbott Farms.
Click here to volunteer for the 10/2/22 ROCHESTER kick-off event at Wickham Farms.
If you need more information please contact email@example.com or (585) 442-4430. Or please reach out to Jill Johnson, Associate Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org and (310) 995-6810.
LET'S DO THIS!
Participation is easy and you have a lot of options!
Individual Participation: Sign up as an individual participant and ask people to support your efforts. (You don’t need to create or join a team).
Team Participation: Sign up and create a team, inviting people to join your team. People may give to you and/or your team directly without signing up as a participant.
Join a Team: Sign up as an individual participant and join an existing team.
Donate: Give directly to an individual participant and/or an existing team without signing up as an individual participant. This option works well for friends and family who are unable to walk, run or bike 26 miles but would like to support others who do.
YOU’RE SIGNED UP… NOW WHAT?
TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW!
- Share your fundraising goal on social media and ask for support.
- Call and email friends and family, asking them to support your fundraising efforts.
- If you’ve formed a team, ask people to complete the 26 miles with you as a member of your team.
TRACK YOUR MILES
Download the Tracking Sheet to keep track of your miles.
SHARE YOUR PROGRESS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Share your participation via social media in catchy and creative ways. Use the hashtag #ONEin26EPI and be sure to make your post public.
- 1 Steven DelVecchio $761.60 raised
- 2 Ellie Muoio $631.00 raised
- 3 Lisa McMullin $394.80 raised
- 4 Betsy Burns $260.00 raised
- 5 Jacqueline Jameson $260.00 raised
- 1 Team Ellie $3,712.40 raised
- 2 URMC Epilepsy Center $1,178.20 raised
- 3 Family Matters $1,020.55 raised
- 4 Lu's Crew $638.40 raised
- 5 Carter’s Crew $512.40 raised
Why support the One in 26 Challenge?
Epilepsy Alliance of West Central NY, EPI's epilepsy services division is dedicated to supporting those impacted by epilepsy in our communities by confronting the spectrum of challenges created by seizures.
Learn more about our epilepsy services.
Empowering People's Independence (EPI), provides personalized care, education, training, advocacy, and support solutions to meet the needs of people with developmental disabilities, epilepsy, and brain injury.
Learn more at epiny.org.