Do You Have The Courage To Go Over The Edge?
On March 18, 2016, the Brain Injury Association of California will host the 1st Annual Over The Edge For Brain Injury event in Sacramento at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park. The event will start at 9:00 am and end at 5:00 pm with rappellers descending on two ropes approximately every 15 minutes.
This is a unique event where ONLY 76 participants (Rappellers) will rappel down the side of a 16-story building to raise awareness of brain injury. This event is all inclusive, meaning that persons with disabilities are able and encouraged to participate. For those living outside of Sacramento, don't let that stop you from participating in this inaugural event. Reserve your room at the Residence Inn by clicking on the link to the left.
To qualify as a Rappeller, you are required to raise a minimum of $1,500 to secure your slot. There are ONLY 76 rappell slots available so register today and start fundraising. (Be sure to review the helpful hints on fundraising by clicking on the link to the left side of this page).
Once you have reached the minimum amount of $1,500, your rappel slot is confirmed. However, don't stop raising funds once you achieved the $1,500 level, keep up the fundraising efforts to earn more incentives such as:
- $2,000 - A photo will be taken of you as you go Over The Edge and sent to your cell phone before you reach the bottom, which will allow you the opportunity to share immediately after you retrieve your phone.
- $3,000 - You will earn the opportunity to wear a Go Pro camera on your helmet to document your journey down the 16-story building.
- $5,000 - You will earn the opportunity to have your name included in a drawing to win a trip for two (destination to be determined).
For persons with disabilities, please be sure to email Paula Daoutis at email@example.com to explain the nature of your disability at least 35 days in advance of the event so this information can be provided to the OTE staff to ensure they have the necessary equipment required for Rappellers with special needs.
All Rappellers are invited to participate in the Pre-Rappel evening reception at the Residence Inn on Thursday, March 17th (St. Patrick's Day). The reception will include hors d'oeuvres and a no host bar. Rappellers will have the opportunity to meet with the OTE technical staff, BIACAL board members and staff, and sponsors of the event.
All registrations and donations are made in good faith to the Brain Injury Association of California (BIACAL). If you fail to raise the minimum requirement to rappel, the donations will remain with BIACAL. If you raise the minimum amount but all 76 slots are filled, we will do our best to accommodate you as a stand-in or provide you an opportunity to rappel at a future event, in Sacramento or another city.
of your goal reached
- 1 Marylou Potter $6,050.00 raised
- 2 Eric Ratinoff $4,808.00 raised
- 3 Randall Scarlett $4,675.00 raised
- 4 Leif Sandberg $4,650.00 raised
- 5 Topher Stephenson $3,150.00 raised
- 1 Centre For Neuro Skills: Ashleys Over The Edge $10,546.00 raised
- 2 UC Davis Grey and White Matters $5,387.00 raised
- 3 Eric Ratinoff Law Corp $4,808.00 raised
- 4 Scarlett Law Group $4,675.00 raised
- 5 Leif Surfs $4,650.00 raised