Move for RAD Advocates
The fight for families impacted by reactive attachment disorder (RAD) isn’t just a sprint to the finish. It’s a commitment to go the distance to support families in need. Join RAD Advocates in that mission and register today for I Move for Change.
A little-known but widely misunderstood affliction, RAD develops when a child’s brain is impacted by trauma, often abuse and neglect, during the first few years of life. It is common in children living in the foster care system. Kids with RAD are stuck in a constant state of fight or flight, even when the danger has long passed.
It’s extremely difficult, even dangerous at times, for parents—whether adoptive, stepparents or otherwise—to raise a child with RAD and find effective help for them. But you can be a part of the solution.
RAD Advocates, a nonprofit organization founded by adoptive mothers, educates and advocates to equip families, communities, and professionals to effectively support children with RAD. Learn more at www.radadvocates.org.
Register today and join the mission of RAD Advocates.
There are no sponsors for this event.
Get moving in 4 easy steps!
1. Register. Just click on the Register Now button above and follow the steps (you can also just donate the old-fashioned way if you prefer with the other Donate Now button).
2. Decide how you'll move. Whether you enjoy yoga, hiking, or walking the dog around the neighborhood, anything goes.
3. Share and ask for support. Tell friends and family what you're doing and why the mission is important to you via social media and email. Ask them to sponsor you.
4. Keep moving! Update your friends and family on your movement as you go. Share pictures, quotes, etc...anything to inspire yourself and your sponsors.
Thank you for joining the change!
Our Newest Participants
- MT Melissa Truax $0.00 raised
- Cheri Poulsen $0.00 raised
- Julie Jabbour $501.89 raised
- Becky Marks $0.00 raised
- KA Keri Andrews $0.00 raised
- JL Jill LeBaron $0.00 raised
- Angie Kroll $0.00 raised
- BS Brandi Spelbring $0.00 raised
- Pattie Campbell $25.00 raised
- JB Jennifer Barker $0.00 raised