The Ride for the Refuge is TOMORROW!
Online Registration has closed, but all are welcome to register tomorrow!
Rain Day Precaution
While we are all praying that the rain holds off until later in the day it looks like rain on Monday morning.
Note: The Ride for the Refuge is a rain or shine event. Your health and safety is of utmost concern for us.
- Please only ride if you are comfortable. The roads will likely be wet and it could be windy. If you are not comfortable riding in those conditions, feel free not to ride and enjoy the picnic, or ride the designated routes another day.
- While we will track severe storms and delay the start if there is lightning in the area, once you have departed Shades Beach, please exercise good judgment.
Again, if you choose not to ride tomorrow, please join us for food and fellowship at the Riders Picnic at 10 am and as always thank you for pedaling with a purpose! Together, we really are making homelessness rare, brief and one-time in NW Penn!
Take a Ride with us!
We are back in person!
Please join us for EUMA’s 23rd Annual Ride for The Refuge! ,On September 5th we are challenging riders to raise money to end homelessness for families with children at EUMA’s Refuge Emergency Shelter.
WHERE - Shades Beach, Harborcreek PA
WHEN - Registration opens at 7:15 am. 100k ride begins at 8 am, others begin at 8:30 am.
CHOOSE YOUR DISTANCE - pick a route and distance that's comfortable for you - there are 3 options: 25k, 50k, and 100k.
REGISTRATION FEES - $35 per adult (16 years old and up), $25 per youth (up to 15).
Register before August 20th early to get a $10 off your fees!
of your goal reached
EASY AS 1-2-3
Register by clicking the registration button. Sign up as a fundaising participant and ask friends and family to support The Refuge through your ride, or register as a non-fundraising participant with the donation option.
Want an official Ride for The Refuge t-shirt? Order one through this site by clicking the “Order t-shirt” now button.
Ride together on Sept 5th! If you can't join us, ride on yout own! Please share your Ride photos, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll put them in the photo gallery.
Don't put on the brakes...
If you've got questions or need assistance setting up your fundraising page - we're here for you!
You can reach us by calling 814-456-8073 or e-mail email@example.com
2022 Ride for the Refuge Leaderboard
- 1 Alicia Chandler $1,025.00 raised
- 2 Thomas Chandler $1,025.00 raised
- 3 Aileen Baxter $736.25 raised
- 4 Sheryl Fresch $605.00 raised
- 5 Les Frost $575.00 raised
- 6 Sarah Roncolato $312.50 raised
- 7 Julie Tomlinson $298.00 raised
- 8 Linda McNamara $227.50 raised
- 9 Ryan McGregor $173.75 raised
- 10 Emma Evans $141.75 raised
- 11 Bill Clute $141.75 raised
- 12 Brian Burruss $130.00 raised
- 13 Gail Detar $130.00 raised
- 14 Allen Yard $121.50 raised
- 15 Kurt Crays $121.50 raised
- 1 Team Asbury Erie $3,374.00 raised
- 2 Park UMC $889.60 raised
- 3 Kurt & Cora Ride Again $839.50 raised
- 4 Erie First UMC $776.25 raised
- 5 Stone Riders $565.00 raised
- 6 Harmonsburg UMC $550.00 raised
- 7 Summit UMC $409.00 raised
- 8 The Herd of the Lord $372.50 raised
- 9 Mechanically Advantaged $271.75 raised
- 10 Christ UMC Franklin $205.00 raised
- 11 Linesville UMC $115.00 raised
- 12 Table of Grace $90.00 raised
- 13 South Harborcreek UMC $35.00 raised
Our Newest Participants
- View More Recent Activity
Available Ride Routes
Routes can be viewd here: https://ridewithgps.com/users/808518
EUMA's The Refuge Homeless Shelter for families
When you donate to EUMA through this event -- you are helping children and their families move from homeless to home – from hopeless to hope in a brighter tomorrow – even during this pandemic.
Every child deserves a home… that’s why EUMA’s The Refuge exists… to end immediate homelessness – provide critical emergency shelter, basic necessities, faithful support, and a commitment to ending homelessness – not
merely addressing it.
Last year, 73 families were sheltered at EUMA’s The Refuge, including 156 children. With your help, 75% of the families that stayed at EUMA’s The Refuge last year moved into a permanent home of their own.
EUMA’s The Refuge operates primarily on your private donations - we depend on your support as we work to keep homeless families with children safe during this COVID-19 crisis.
To learn more about EUMA and The Refuge, please click here.