Q) Who can I contact if I am having trouble and need some assistance?
A) The Qgiv Support Team is available Monday-Friday from 9am - 7pm EST
Credit Card / Payment Info
Q) How safe is my credit card / payment information?
A) From the moment any credit card information has been entered into the Qgiv application platform, that data will be stored in an encrypted format on a secure database. The only information that is visible to you, the auction presenters or Qgiv personnel will be the last four digits of the card number and the expiration date.
Q) How will my credit card / payment information be used for this auction?
A) When the auction has ended, a notification will be sent out to those auction participants that have been declared the successful bidders. At that time they will have an opportunity to initiate payment for the auction item.
Q) How do I delete my credit card / payment information?
A) In the Qgiv mobile app on your phone, navigate to the Profile icon and select it. Select the "Payment Methods" option and then select the listed payment method. At that point you will be able to highlight your credit card number and clear it out. Click the Save button at the bottom of the page. If any issues arise during this time, you can contact the Qgiv Support Team and they can assist in deleting the data.
In order to participate in the RICKY Inc auction and bid on items, you need to perform these two steps:
Step 1) Register and generate a unique ticket code for accessing the auction.
This step begins the registration process that leads you through a series of web pages that captures your contact information and at the end, generates a personal unique ticket code that will then allow you to perform step 2 which is to set up your auction bidder account.
To register with the RICKY Inc auction website:
- Navigate to the "Register" page on the RICKY Inc auction website (https://secure.qgiv.com/event/rickyauction/)
- Once you are at the Register page, navigate to the section labeled “Please Select An Option” and next to the line “Register One for the RICKY Auction” select the number 1 from the dropdown list box and then click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- Next, enter in your personal information such as your name, address, email address and the mobile phone number from which you will want to access the RICKY auction and bid on items. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- At this point you should be at the “Review and Complete Registration” screen and all you need to do is click the “Complete Registration” button at the bottom of the page.
- After clicking the "Complete Registration" button you will then be presented with a registration confirmation screen (note: this confirmation notice will also be emailed to the email address entered in the registration process). On this confirmation page you should see a unique ticket code that is provided for your use only that will be needed for when you set up your mobile phone to bid on items in the auction.
Step 2) Create your auction bidder account
Once the registration process is complete, you will receive a confirmation by email with a subject line of “Your Annual RICKY Auction 2021 Ticket: Register One for the RICKY Auction”. This email will contain a unique ticket code and further instructions on how to create your auction bidder account by using one of two options:
Option 1: Bid on auction items using the Qgiv mobile phone app.
For this option, you need to download the Qgiv mobile phone application to your mobile phone and then create an auction bidder account.
Option 2: Bid on auction items through your desktop computer.
For this option, you can create your auction bidder account from your computer using a link on the confirmation email that reads “Don't want to use the Givi app? That's okay! You can enter your ticket code to bid here.”
In either case, you will need to create an auction bidder account and provide your credit card information in order to start bidding.
Download the Qgiv mobile phone application instructions
To download the Qgiv mobile application to your mobile phone and create an account.
- Using your phone's IOS app store (i.e. Apple App Store or Google Play) download the Qgiv mobile application to your phone.
- Open the Qgiv application and you should be presented with the Log In option. If you scroll to the bottom of that page, there should be an option to enter in the unique ticket code that was generated during the registration process under the heading of “Here for an event?” Enter in your ticket your ticket code and click Go.
- The next screen you see should be a confirmation screen showing your name and email address that was entered during the registration process. If correct, click Confirm.
- At this point, you will be asked to create a password for your account so that your credit card information will be encrypted and stored on a secure server that only you can access (note: after the auction is over, you can delete this information using the mobile app). Click Continue.
- You will now be asked to provide your payment method so that you can successfully bid on items in the auction. As stated before, this information will only be stored on an encrypted, secure server to which only you have access to. Your credit card will not be charged until the auction is over and you are determined to be the successful bidder for the auction item. Click Save.
- The last screen required for this setup will ask you to allow push notifications and allow camera access. Since this is an online-only auction, you can say yes for push notifications as that is how the auction can let you know the status of your bid and say no for allow camera access. Click Continue
- You should now be successfully registered for the auction and able bid on auction items once the auction is open!