My Personal Fundraising Page
Help me support Catholic Charities and The Samaritan House with me as I Ride the Rockies in the struggle to help the homeless.
On June 13, I will embark on an incredible seven day cycling trip through the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains. I am part of a committed team that will participate in this year's Ride The Rockies to help raise money for the homeless. Last year, while riding with a non-profit goup of fellow veterans, I met Tom Dea and Team Samaritan House. I was impressed by them. Homelessness is a serious issue among veterans and I knew then that I’d have to ride with them this year.
2015’s ride will be 475 miles and over 42,000 vertical feet of climbing, the highest elevation gain ever for this, the 30th Anniversary Ride The Rockies event.
This year, Team Samaritan House has grown and now have assembled a group of 19 riders for the Ride the Rockies bike tour. As you may know, Samaritan House serves adults, families with children, veterans, persons suffering from physical and/or developmental disabilities, and adults in need of short-term care. It offers a continuum of services from meeting the immediate needs of safe shelter, food and clothing to long-term housing, counseling, employment assistance, and life-skills classes to attain self-sufficiency. Samaritan House provides hope for real change and opportunity for a brighter future for the homeless it serves.
- Your support will go a long way as each meal provided at Samaritan house costs about $1.60, meaning a $100 donation buys 62 meals!
- ·Last year, nearly 180,000 nights of shelter were provided and approximately 430,000 meals were served at these shelters.
Last year ALONE at Samaritan House:
- ·226 residents found employment
- ·65% of single residents left the shelter with an income source
- ·63% of our families left the shelter with an incom
- Over 50% of our residents moved into stable housing
Will you help with a donation? Thank you for your consideration, and wish me luck! Keep checking back for pictures of this adventure!
Checks can be sent to:
(In the memo line include): RTR – David Johnson
4045 Pecos Street
Denver, CO 80211
Visit the websites below for information regarding The Samaritan House and Ride The Rockies.