Welcome to Sad Mardi Gras!
On Saturday, December 5 at 7PM PT, join us in the Zoom-verse for a drink, a dance, a laugh or a cry. Among artists and friends, we’ll say good riddance to 2020, celebrate reaching our new goal of $55,000, and look ahead with hope for the future.
Why “Sad Mardi Gras”?
Well, we had big plans for 2020, including a Mardi Gras-themed Gala last spring (bet you can guess the Tennessee Williams classic we were about to announce). But... some things got in the way. You know the ones.
So, as we celebrate from our respective couches, deep into the rainiest, coldest months of the year here in Seattle, we’re accepting what is. We’re embracing the mess that was this year and the joy that is to come. Voilà. Sad Mardi Gras.
Grab your best rhinestone tiara, your runniest mascara, your work-from-home sweatpants, and get ready to PARTY.
December 5 festivities include party favors, champagne, and something sweet delivered to your door (Seattle region only - more details under Donor Perks), a virtual “world premiere” created and performed by Williams Project core company artists, living room dancing by Baby Van Beezly (Resident DJ at Queer/Bar & Williams Project Board member Vanessa Resler), and more!
To get your “ticket” to the Gala:
- Make a gift of ANY size toward our new $55,000 goal! If you’ve already donated to The Williams Project in 2020, you’re automatically on our list to receive a Zoom invite to attend the Gala. (If you’re moved to give again, of course we won’t say no.)
- Sign up to be a virtual table captain! Get everybody you know involved in sustaining live theatre and fighting for a living wage for artists. Set a personal fundraising goal, invite your loved ones to help you reach it by giving through your team page, and then attend the Gala together!
Thank you! We love you. We truly can’t wait to see your faces.
Lee LeBreton in Small Craft Warnings (2019)
Richard Prioleau in Orpheus Descending (2015)
Brittain Ashford, Mia Ellis, and Leicester Landon in Blood Wedding (2018)
Lamar Legend in Small Craft Warnings (2019)
Max Rosenak in Blood Wedding (2018)
Raphael Jordan, Ryan Williams French, and Reggie D. White in Blues for Mister Charlie (2017)
Lee LeBreton and Madeleine Lambert in Time of Your Life (2019)
Claudine Mboligikpelani Nako in A Bright Room Called Day (2018)
Reggie D. White and Brittain Ashford in Blood Wedding (2018)
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Instagram
- Lauren Fukano $0.00 raised
- Gavin Hewitt $1,971.25 raised
- Teresa Purcell $100.00 raised
- Rachel Crawford $255.00 raised
- Munchkin Athletic Club $1,658.75 raised
- Annasara Purcell $1,078.75 raised
- Reggie D. White $126.25 raised
- Lucy Zappone $833.75 raised
- Vanessa Resler $1,408.75 raised
- Jenn Brandon $2,758.75 raised
- Ryan Purcell $681.00 raised
- Barbara / Paul Guzzo Purcell $6,247.50 raised
- Peggy and Jon Abram $6,655.50 raised
- Ellen Abram $359.75 raised
- View More Recent Activity
Tell your friends you supported living wage theatre!