SEEK THE PEAK WEEKEND EVENTS SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, JULY 14
4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuckerman Brewing Company
Enjoy a laid-back get-together, meet fellow Seek the Peak hikers, chat with Mount Washington Observatory staff, and listen to live music.
SATURDAY, JULY 15
Meet at Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
6:00 to 10:00 a.m.
Appalachian Mountain Club and Observatory staff will greet hikers and be available to offer suggestions about hiking routes based on each participant's ability level and aspiration for the day. Lodging is also available at Joe Dodge Lodge.
Hike and Make Friends Check-In
Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
7:00 to 7:30 a.m
Hike and Make Friends is a new initiative that gives hikers the option to be paired with up to three other participants of similar ability level, in order to complete a hike of their choosing. Participants registering for this option must be available to do their hike on Saturday, July 15, and meet at the registration area at Pinkham Notch Visitor Center at their designated registration time. By selecting “HAMF,” participants agree to have their email shared with up to three other participants so that they may coordinate hiking routes beforehand. Participants may choose to do any hike they prefer, and are advised to chat with a trail steward, MWOBS volunteer, or AMC staff member upon arrival at Pinkham Notch to assess trail conditions and review their selected route.
All HAMF participants should check in at the Seek the Peak registration area at Pinkham Notch on July 15 at the following times:
- Gentle Breeze hikers: 7:00 a.m. This category is for hikers who like to take their time and enjoy a slower pace, making numerous stops per hour to rest, snack, or take photographs.
- Near Gale hikers: 7:15 a.m. This category is for hikers who prefer to move steadily, at a moderate pace, with a stop or two per hour to refuel, add or remove layers, or snap a quick photo.
- Hurricane Force Hikers: 7:30 a.m. This category is for hikers who like to move quickly and are comfortable doing so on all types of terrain. These hikers stop only to quickly refuel or add/remove layers, as they do not require extended rest times.
Observatory Weather Station Tours
Mount Washington Observatory, located at Mount Washington State Park's Sherman Adams Summit Building
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
All Seek the Peak participants are invited to take a tour of our famous mountaintop weather station. Go behind the scenes and get a taste of what it's like to work at 6,288 feet! Tours are conducted on a rolling basis between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.; registration is NOT required.
Great Glen Trails
- Paul and Lisa McCoy of the International Mountain Climbing School (IMCS) will present a talk on "Winter Hiking Above Tree Line."
- MWOBS Weather Observers will be at the Observatory table to share information about weather instruments and observation.
- Transportation Coordinator Jon Powers will have MWOBS vehicles, including the snow cat, onsite for photos and Q&A.
Après Hike Party
Great Glen Trails
3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Celebrate your accomplishment while enjoying live music, food trucks, and the epic gear raffle. For friends and family not registered to hike, admission tickets are available for purchase when you register. Anyone can attend the Après Hike Party! Tickets will be $10 at the door.
Some seating and tables will be available. Bring blankets and chairs for your comfort under the big tent or on the lawn, at the base of Mount Washington.
- Kimberly's Gluten Free Kitchen
- Tin Can Co.
- Bickford Box
- by Tuckerman Brewing Company
- 93.5 WMWV Radio with Roy Prescott
- Live music by Steve Tremblay and the Northern Comfort Band