Thanks for Supporting The DSDP Family Reunification Team!
Let's Step Up, together!
Join Our Team ♥ Support Our Team
Thank you for joining my efforts to raise funds for two great Agencies! Downtown San Diego Partnership Clean & Safe Family Reunification Program and UPLIFT exist to make transformative impact in the lives of San Diego's unsheltered population.
Both these groups are worthy of your support. I am CEO & Executive Director of San Diego Downtown Partnership. The Clean & Safe Family Reunification Program is a wonderful community service we provide. UPLIFT serves as a Clean & Safe partner providing essential CA IDs, volunteer advocacy & move-in assistance. More importantly, I know the incredible impact these groups have on the lives of those they serve. Here are links to our websites to learn more:
About DSDP Clean & Safe Family Reunification Program - let's get you home!
One of our most successful efforts to reduce homelessness is the Family Reunification Program, which is designed to reconnect homeless individuals with their families and loved ones across the country. The program enables individuals to rebuild the much-needed support systems crucial to ending the cycle of homelessness. Since 2012, more than 3,500 people have been helped through the Family Reunification Program. Through support from the San Diego Housing Commission, Sharp HealthCare, the County of San Diego, Travelers Aid and many other generous sponsors.
NOT JUST FOR PEOPLE EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS IN DOWNTOWN!
- FAMILY REUNIFICATION PROGRAM IS NOW OPEN TO ANY UNSHELTERED INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY IN THE CITY OF SAN DIEGO WHO HAS FAMILY OR FRIENDS WILLING TO RECEIVE THEM
- PAYS FOR TICKET HOME WITH CONFIRMATION OF A RESPONSIBLE PARTY TO RECEIVE AT DESTINATION LOCATION & ASSIST WITH HOUSING SUPPORT & SETTLING-IN THERE
- AVG COST PER CLIENT $750 - Includes outreach & pick-up, motel before travel, travel tickets & expenses, personal goods as necessary, clothes, luggage, settling in assistance allowance & follow-up
URGENT COVID REOPENING RELATED NEEDS for Clean & Safe Family Reunification Program -
- extra funding for added volume of bus tickets as more previously unsheltered Convention Center Residents are determined to be in need of Family Reunification.
- flex funding for ancillary travel expenses for increased Family Reunification Program participants
About UPLIFT - Urban People Living in Faith & Trust
OUR MISSION - UPLIFT serve to improve community equity with free services to San Diego's most vulnerable, helping house our homeless neighbors and academically advance low income students, lifting all to their potential.
There is no faith affiliation required to receive services from or serve with UPLIFT. All are welcome ♥
UPLIFT URGENT COVID REOPENING related needs include funding for:
- Student Services - added staff time & equipment to host our FREE Kids At Heart Tutoring as a hybrid model this school year, with both site-based sessions AND virtual platform for low income students, who are especially at risk of falling behind in school right now.
- Homeless Services - homeless housing support for Home Team Volunteer Advocate program, turning Shelter to Home for those in transitional shelters and motels
If you want to make a huge difference, please consider joining my team, starting your own team to support another favorite non-profit too, or if you have the means to give, please consider supporting our team with a generous donation.
Any amount is greatly appreciated and will help us Step UP the transformative work of both these great organizations during this time of great need.
CEO & Executive Director
Clean & Safe, Downtown San Diego Partnership
No participants found.
Watch 1.5 Minute Step Up Video ♥ Warning! Joy Ahead
- View More Recent Activity