Early Registration (through August 20th):
Individuals - $20.00
Families & Couples - $30.00
Regular Registration (after August 20th):
Individuals - $25.00
Families & Couples - $35.00
Registration day of the event is allowed. All registered attendees receive a Tails 'N Trails Pet Walk bag (pictured below).
Join us on Sunday, September 26th, as we walk, run, eat, play, and have fun with our furry friends. The event will be held at Junto Winery located at 1356 182nd, Seward NE 68434. The event will start at 11:00am and go until approximately 2:00pm.
The day includes a half mile and full mile walk taken when you want to go, live music, food trucks, our Flea-less Market full of vendors, activities for you and your canine friend, raffle items, a 50/50 raffle, demonstrations, contests, adoption pets, and more! There are many activities for you and your pets including bobbing for hot dogs, human vs. dog peanut butter licking contest, mutt mutt golf, and more! Everyone is welcome with or without a pet!
Parking is available in the Junto Winery parking lot. Look for the signs.
Advance Prize Pickup
We will have an advance pickup date at the Pieloch Pet Adoption Center for registrants to pick up their attendee bags and prizes for their fundraising efforts! Check back soon for details.
Pet Entry Requirements
- All dogs must be on leashes at all times. Leashes must be no longer than 6 feet in length.
- Rabies tag (and city license, if applicable) must be visible on your dog's collar.
- Must be able to provide proof of current vaccinations.
- Owners are required to clean up after their pets.
- All participants must sign the waiver form (online registrations must accept the waiver terms).
- No dogs under three months of age.
- No female dogs in heat.
- No more than two dogs per walker.
We have a goal of $50,000 and we need your help to reach it! There are many unique, fun, and easy ways to get involved. Remember, new this year, we have prizes for individuals and teams who raise funds!
You can create a team! When registering, you have the option to create a team. You can create your own distinct page detailing why your team feels passionately about pets and Capital Humane Society.
If you would like to raise funds on your own, that's always an option! Ask four of your friends, family members, or co-workers to donate $10, $25, $50, or $100. It’s that easy!
Or, let your imagination be your guide! Here are just a few ideas you can try at work, with friends, or with family:
- You could host a jeans day fundraiser at work.
- Ask to hold a Bring Your Pet to Work Day, with those participating paying $5 each.
- Have a fun day at work. Hold events like typing competitions, swivel chair races, stress ball toss, or water cooler drinking game. You could then ask all athletes to pay an entry fee.
- Play-Off: Invite your coworkers over to watch and cheer during March Madness. Charge a small admission fee at the door to benefit the pets at Capital Humane Society.
- Ask your employer if they can offer a paid vacation day as a prize for the person who raises the most money.
- Hold a raffle with the prize being the coveted parking spot at work for a year.
- Invite all of your friends to come over for a wine and cheese tasting party. Ask each to pay a small admission fee to benefit Capital Humane Society.
- Host a school or office bake sale.
- Ask your friends and family to donate for your birthday or special occasion.
There's also the option to fundraise online! One of the best ways to collect donations is to register and create your own personal fundraising page. When you register online, you will get a personalized webpage where you can post your own story and photo to raise funds for Capital Humane Society. Just email your webpage link to friends and family or share it on your social media pages (Facebook fundraisers do not count towards your total). Everyone who sees the link is just a click away from making an online donation on your behalf!
You can also collect donations in the form of cash or checks made out to Capital Humane Society. You then turn in your donations to the Capital Humane Society before the event or at the registration booth on the day of the event.