Help Us Build #GreatFutures During COVID-19
This school year looks different, and so do we! To meet the challenges faced by New Haven families due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have reimagined the Club to offer a full-day, on-site program that weaves together the remote learning of the public schools with enriching afterschool fun. Staff and volunteer tutors will be available throughout the day to help each child set a work plan, access their New Haven Public School virtual learning and provide homework help.
With our doors being open all day, our expenses will dramatically increase. YOUR SUPPORT is essential.
Become a donor or fundraiser during our four-day drive to raise funds for this critical initiative. And don't miss our FREE, fun virtual variety hour on Thursday, October 15 at 6:30 pm.
This not-to-be-missed event will feature:
· Jesse Campbell, 2019 Boys & Girls Club of New Haven 'Youth of the Year' Winner
· Alisa Bowens-Mercado, our Emcee! Owner of New Haven-based Rhythm Brewing Co. (Connecticut’s first Black-owned brewery) and Alisa’s House of Salsa; radio host on New Haven’s WNHH Radio
· Angela Clemmons, professional singer who has worked with Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion, John Legend, Justin Timberlake, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Vanessa Williams, Martin Short, Gregory Hines, Steely Dan, Roberta Flack, Smokey Robinson, Cyndi Lauper, and many others.
· Bernie Garibaldi, Former President of BGCNewHaven Alumni Association
· A Not-To-Be Missed Showcase of music, dance, sports and other talents from our Club Kids, and special surprise guests!