Information for Team Members
Friday, October 1, 2021:
- Fundraising deadline ($203 minimum fundraising commitment)
- Pick up your TEAM NEF Swag Bag, including runner's shirt and parking pass for race day, at the District Office (203 W. Hillside) between 7:30 AM and 6:30 PM
- Staff members' bags will be delivered to your school.
Friday, October 15 (10-7) and Saturday, October 16 (10-4:30):
- All in-person participants pick up their race packets from the Naperville Half Marathon and 5K, including their race bibs. You can not participate on race day without a bib.
- Details, including what you need to bring with you to pick up your packet, are available at: http://runnaperville.com/packet/
Sunday, October 17:
- Race day!
- Headquarters is located at Naperville Central High School. We will continue to update you with any changes.
Need information about the race? Updates, FAQ and more available at the Healthy Driven Naperville Half Marathon and 5K's website at www.runnaperville.com.
Training on your own? These training plans can help!
TEAM NEF Member Commitment
TEAM NEF is a fundraising event in support of the Naperville Education Foundation, your favorite Naperville 203 school, and the students of Naperville 203.
Run or walk the Naperville Half Marathon or 5K on Sunday, October 17, 2021. As a TEAM NEF member, raise a minimum of $203 by October 1, 2021.
Event date: Sunday, October 17, 2021
Fundraising due: Friday, October 1, 2021
Online, cash or check donations
Donors can contribute online through your page, or via cash or checks that you deliver to the NEF office at 203 W. Hillside. Checks should be made payable to NEF or Naperville Education FOundation. Drop them off in an envelope clearly marked with your name. We will update your online fundraising page to reflect the donations within 2 weeks.
Donors can mail checks directly to: NEF, 203 W. Hillside, Naperville, IL 60540.
Running with a family member?
You can use a single fundraising page for your family's fundraising if you are all running to support the same school.
When you register each family member, Qgiv will automatically create a fundraising page for each person. However, you can choose to use only one of those pages as your primary fundraising page for all family members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let the office know you are sharing your page, and remember to set your fundraising goal to the appropriate amount ($406 for 2 people, $609 for 3 people.)
Tips for fundraising
- Add a picture and personal note on your fundraising page
- Set a goal higher than $203. Higher goals can inspire more donations, and you only need to raise $203 even if you set a higher personal goal.
- Share your link through email or social media with friends, family or colleagues.
Many companies offer matching funds for employee donations. Paperwork, if needed, can be sent to the NEF office at email@example.com or 203 W. Hillside, Naperville, IL 60540.
You can mark a potential matching gift when donating online, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org if a matching gift is on its way. We will credit your fundraising once the funds are received. If possible, include a screenshot or receipt showing the pending matching gift. Depending on the company, the matching gift may take months to arrive at the office.
Connect with us!
Stay up-to-date on all things TEAM NEF by following us on social media, and tagging us as you post about your training or fundraising efforts with #goteamnef.
Join the private TEAM NEF Facebook group and receive updates on important dates, fundraising, and to connect with one another!
Fundraising Ideas (Individual and/or Group)
Some creative ideas past runners have done include:
- Garage sale, bake sale or lemonade stand
- Car wash, lawn mowing, or babysitting
- Penny/change drives
- Posters in school or office to raise awareness
- Raffles at parent-teacher conferences for "free" items like prime parking or seating at school events
- Staff cookouts or comfy clothes days
- Musicians playing at dine out nights or school events.
Fundraising together with local businesses
Some local businesses or restaurants will help support fundraising efforts. You bring in business, and they will donate a portion of the proceeds.
To plan an event at a local business:
- Contact Amy or Wendy at email@example.com to see if that business has already been used by another TEAM NEF member/group.
- Confirm the details of your event with the local business.
- If possible, ask the business to send the check, payable to NEF to 203 W. Hillside, Naperville, IL 60540.
- Tell the NEF office how to divide the funds. For instance, "Please split funds evenly between Shawn Miller, Molly Quinn and Sam Patel," or "Please split funds between all Naper team members."
- Funds will be added to your fundraising page within 2 weeks of the time the funds are received in the office.
Contact Amy or Wendy with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-420-3086