Workout. Recruit Supporters. Help a Neighbor in Need. Aug. 28-29
This year, Shmedfest will look a little different.
To keep everyone safe amid the global pandemic, Shmedfest organizers are modifying this much loved Winston-Salem tradition. Shmedfest is going virtual! Follow Shmedfest on Facebook to tune in for great music, giveaways, and stories of impact from Crisis Control Ministry.
In addition, there is a new fitness challenge fundraiser that F3 Winston-Salem is hosting for Shmedfest for those looking for something a little crazier. From F3 Winston-Salem:
One of the ways F3 promotes Fitness, Fellowship and Faith is with events we call CSAUPs, or Completely Stupid and Utterly Pointless events. These physical challenges can take the form of multiday relay races, seemingly limit-pushing month-long goals or other unnecessary, but we think fun and rewarding, physical fitness challenges. For Shmedfest this year, we are "modifying as necessary" (another core tenant of F3 workouts) and hosting The Shmed!---A CSAUP that has a point this time.
What is it? 4 workouts over a 24-hour period.Aug. 28-29.
Ready to do something Completely Stupid and Utterly Purposeful? Read on. Want to skip the workout and make a donation? Click the Make a Donation link at the top of the page.
About the workout:
- Held in the River Oaks Community Church parking lot. Bring your tent and campout overnight with us!
- Four 45-minute workouts at 6pm, 2am, 10am, & 5pm.
- In between workouts, we will have a running/walking, biking, and rucking challenge to see who can get the most laps in 24-hours.
- Also a 5,000 rep challenge: 1,000 reps each of Burpees, Merkins, WW2s, Squats, & SSHs. (that's F3 lingo for Burpees, push-ups, sit-ups, Squats and Jumping Jacks)
- Prizes for winners accomplishing 5,000 reps.
- Social distancing and state requirements on group gathering size will be strictly followed. We will space out and split into multiple groups as needed.
About Crisis Control:
Now in its 47th year with offices in Winston-Salem and Kernersville, Crisis Control Ministry’s mission is to assist people in crisis to meet essential life needs and to become self-sufficient. Crisis Control Ministry provides financial assistance with housing and utilities, food, and prescription medications. For additional information, visit www.crisiscontrol.org