Meet the Team
Chef Gene Gelb, Publix Aprons Cooking School and Catering
Chef Gene Gelb, a Polk County native, is no stranger to southern cooking. Growing up with 7 brothers and sisters, and now his wife and 5 children, he always had the opportunity to cook for a crowd!
Following in his family’s footsteps, Chef Gene joined Publix at 16 years of age as a customer service associate. He then graduated High School and left Publix to attend University. He attended USF for Mechanical Engineering but found his desire to be in kitchens to be stronger than his love of engineering. Chef Gelb then spent 17 years learning the ins and outs of kitchens in the Greater Tampa Bay area. From Sous Chef to Chef de Cuisine to Executive Chef, Chef Gene immersed himself in the cooking charms and flavors of each kitchen he was in, cultivating his palate and adding to his culinary portfolio.
Chef Gene has returned to where it all began. He is currently utilizing his culinary background and full-service catering expertise as the Assistant Resident and Catering Chef at Publix Aprons Cooking School. He is pleased to be able to showcase exquisite flavor profiles and combine his passion for food with family tradition.
Hannah Herring, Publix Super Markets, Inc.
Hannah Herring is a 4th generation Floridian with a passion for storytelling. In fact, she’s made a career of it as a media relations manager for her favorite grocery store – Publix Super Markets, Inc. Before joining Publix in 2008, she was a television journalist who focused on making good news happen. Hannah is a proud Florida Gator, and loves watching football and spending time with her husband, three children and two dogs.
She’s honored to be a community leader for Achievement Academy’s Top Chef, and looks forward to friendly competition and great food for an even better cause!
of your goal reached
Melody Kilborn donated $52.00 to Chef Gene Gelb & Hannah Herring
Harley Langford donated $100.00 to Chef Gene Gelb & Hannah Herring
Katrina Harrell donated $52.00 to Chef Gene Gelb & Hannah Herring
Christine Bell-Delafield donated $26.00 to Chef Gene Gelb & Hannah Herring
Meredith Pope donated $26.00 to Chef Gene Gelb & Hannah Herring
- View More Recent Activity
- Melody Kilborn Best of luck tonight! Last month $52.00
- Harley Langford Wishing you the best of luck!!! Last month $100.00
- Katrina Harrell Our Grandson Tyson Stone used to attend Achievement Academy what a great group of people. Last month $52.00
- Christine Bell-Delafield Good luck! Last month $26.00
- Meredith Pope Last month $26.00
- View More Recent Supporters
- Publix Super Markets, Inc. Last month $2,500.00
- Publix Super Markets, Inc. Last month $1,000.00
- Anonymous Last month $520.00
- Orlando Health Orlando Health is proud to support 2023 Top Chef of Polk County. Last month $520.00
- Brad Crenshaw Last month $260.00
- View More Top Donors
Team : Most Donors
Awarded when a Team gets the highest number of donations
Team : Fundraising Achieved
Awarded when a Team reaches 100 % of goal