of your goal reached
Our 2023 Walks to De-feet Dementia are days of celebration, when the community takes action to provide hope to those living with dementia right here in North Carolina.
Created in 2021, our graceful exhibit of Tribute Flags aims to acknowledge the impact of dementia on North Carolina. Individuals can purchase tribute flags to “honor” loved ones. Flags are available for purchase through the registration process.
About the 30th Annual Walk to De-feet Dementia
Sunday, April 16, 2023
Rain or Shine
Fred Fletcher Park
Raleigh, North Carolina
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Walk to De-feet Dementia will be a day of celebration and remembrance as we take action and provide hope to those living with dementia right here in North Carolina. Register your team today and fundraise to provide CARE - Comfort, Assistance, Resources and Education, ensuring families don't walk through this journey alone. Help us Walk to defeat dementia and support caregivers in our state!
This event is Pet Friendly!
- T-shirts are available for $20 and available for purchase with your registration through March 17th! A limited amount of t-shirts will be available for purchase at the event.
- Online Registration closes Thursday, April 13 at 5:00 pm.
- Walk ups Welcome!
Schedule of Events:
- 1:00 pm - Registration Opens, Music, Raffle Opens, Lawn Games
- 2:00 pm - Remembrance Ceremony featuring guest speakers, Emcee, Josh Chapin from WTVD ABC 11, Performance by NCSU Grains of Time, Color Guard by Sanderson High School's ROTC
- 2:45 - Walk Begins
- 3:15 - Raffle Closes
- 3:30 - Raffle Winners Announced
- 4:00 pm - Event Wrap Up!
Parking is available at the following locations a short walk from the park. A shuttle bus will run between Raleigh Charter, MHC and the park.
- Raleigh Charter High School (1307 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27605)
- Methodist Home for Children (1041 Washington St, Raleigh, NC 27605)
- Broughton High School (723 St Marys St, Raleigh, NC 27605)
- Street Parking around Fred Fletcher Park
What to Bring:
- Money for the Raffle (cash or credit taken) and food trucks
- Chairs or blankets to enjoy the park
- Walking shoes!
Fred Fletcher Park
820 Clay Street
Raleigh, NC 27605
About Dementia Alliance of North Carolina
Dementia Alliance of North Carolina seeks to improve the lives of North Carolinians impacted by dementia as well as empower their caregivers through support, education and research.
Each program is built on a foundation of CARE that provides Comfort, Assistance, Resources and Education for individuals and families living with dementia.
As a result, we are able to provide a high degree of personal support throughout the entire journey with dementia. Dementia Alliance is a 501c3 nonprofit organization serving families in North Carolina.
Learn more about our programs here.
Here is the impact your donation can make:
$25 provides an hour of respite for an overwhelmed caregiver.
$50 provides an hour-long online support group .
$100 provides personalized consultation with one of our compassionate Dementia Navigators.
$300 gives a person living with dementia a Music and Memory at Home Kit providing connection and joy.
$500 provides training and materials for new support group facilitators.
$1,000 provides a free educational webinar to 50 caregivers.