Early Registration (through August 26th):
Individuals (18 & older): $10.00
Regular Registration (August 27th-September 17th):
Individuals (18 & older): $15.00
Day Of Registration (September 18th):
Individuals (18 & older): $20.00
Registration day of the event is allowed. All registered attendees receive a Tails 'N Trails Pet Walk bag (pictured coming soon).
Join us on Sunday, September 18th, as we walk, run, eat, play, and have fun with our furry friends! The event will be at Glacial Till Vineyard located at 344 S 2nd Rd, Palmyra, NE 68418. The event will start at 11:00am and go until approximately 2:30pm. The walk will begin at approximately 12:30pm.
The day includes a trail walk, live music, food trucks, our Flea-less Market full of vendors, activities for you and your canine friend, raffle items, a 50/50 raffle, demonstrations, contests, adoption pets, and more! There are many activities for you and your pets including bobbing for tennis balls, peanut butter licking contest, dunk tank, and more! Everyone is welcome with or without a pet!
Parking is available.
Pet Entry Requirements
- All dogs must be on leashes at all times. Leashes must be no longer than 6 feet in length.
- Rabies tag (and city license, if applicable) must be visible on your dog's collar.
- Must be able to provide proof of current vaccinations.
- Owners are required to clean up after their pets.
- All participants must sign the waiver form (online registrations must accept the waiver terms).
- No dogs under three months of age.
- No female dogs in heat.
- No more than two dogs per walker.
We have a goal of $45,000 and we need your help to reach it! There are many unique, fun, and easy ways to get involved. Remember, we have prizes for individuals and teams who raise funds!
You can create a team! When registering, you have the option to create a team. You can create your own distinct page detailing why your team feels passionately about pets and Capital Humane Society.
If you would like to raise funds on your own, that's always an option! Ask four of your friends, family members, or co-workers to donate $10, $25, $50, or $100. It’s that easy!
Or, let your imagination be your guide! Here are just a few ideas you can try at work, with friends, or with family:
- You could host a jeans day fundraiser at work.
- Ask to hold a Bring Your Pet to Work Day, with those participating paying $5 each.
- Have a fun day at work. Hold events like typing competitions, swivel chair races, stress ball toss, or water cooler drinking game. You could then ask all participants to pay an entry fee.
- Husker Watch Party: Invite your coworkers over to watch and cheer on the Huskers. Charge a small admission fee at the door to benefit the pets at Capital Humane Society.
- Ask your employer if they can offer a paid vacation day as a prize for the person who raises the most money.
- Hold a raffle with the prize being the coveted parking spot at work for a year.
- Invite all of your friends to come over for a wine and cheese tasting party. Ask each to pay a small admission fee to benefit Capital Humane Society.
- Host a school or office bake sale.
- Ask your friends and family to donate for your birthday or special occasion.
There's also the option to fundraise online! One of the best ways to collect donations is to register and create your own personal fundraising page. When you register online, you will get a personalized webpage where you can post your own story and photo to raise funds for Capital Humane Society. Just email your webpage link to friends and family or share it on your social media pages (Facebook fundraisers do not count towards your total). Everyone who sees the link is just a click away from making an online donation on your behalf!
You can also collect donations in the form of cash or checks made out to Capital Humane Society. You then turn in your donations to the Capital Humane Society before the event or at the registration booth on the day of the event.