Waffles was rescued from a shelter in South Carolina. Everywhere he goes people ask, “What is he?” which he thinks is stupid because of course he’s a dog. Waffles LOVES the NAMI CT WALK in Hartford because he gets so much attention when he wears his NAMI Shoreline T-shirt. Sadly, this year he’ll be walking far away from people and only with his mom. But it’s okay! WAFFLES will share his WALKS on Facebook and Instagram! And he invites you to do the same!
Waffles is walking to help people understand some important things:
- HEALTH is both physical AND mental. They go together!
- It’s okay to not be okay. In fact, it’s GOOD to share your thoughts with someone.
- WALKING is important for both physical and mental health.
- NAMI CT has many SUPPORT GROUPS AND TRAININGS (Now Online)
- All NAMI’s programs are FREE.
- The funds we raise during this WALK ensure that our programs remain FREE OF CHARGE.
- Enduring this pandemic is highly stressful for all of us and those with mental illness feel the effects more acutely.
- You Are Not Alone!
I am Waffles’ mom and currently the President of NAMI Shoreline. This organization has been immensely supportive over the years as I struggled to understand and cope with a family member’s mental illness. As often happens with NAMI, I’m now giving back by facilitating a support group for the affiliate.
Waffles and I hope you will consider supporting us and NAMI CT as we walk May 15- May 17! Every little bit counts.
Thank you so much!