- View More Recent Activity
Walk to End Lupus Now - Madison 2023 Leaderboard
- 1 Michelle Elmer $1,180.00 raised
- 2 Pat Saunders $580.50 raised
- 3 Tammy Fish $555.41 raised
- 4 Tammy Boesen $550.25 raised
- 5 Shirley Ziegler $550.00 raised
- 1 Darlene and Mary's Angels $2,692.00 raised
- 2 Holy Walk-A-Molies $1,975.00 raised
- 3 Fishing For A Cure $1,360.91 raised
- 4 Micks Minions $1,312.50 raised
- 5 Can’t Tye Me Down $1,168.50 raised
Walk to End Lupus Now - Madison 2023
Hundreds will converge at Firemen’s Park, united in a common cause: to find the cure for lupus. Lupus supporters realize the urgency to find a cure before one more person is devastated by this mysterious and sometimes life-threatening disease. Join us and walk to end lupus now!
Pre-registration is closed. Please join us at event day registration under the large red pavilion on Saturday morning opening at 8:30 AM. All pre-registered participants will receive a t-shirt and event day participants will receive a t-shirt while supplies last. (We should have enough for everyone!) Please join us!
Event day registration prices: $35 per adult; $20 per child (15 & under)
Walk Day Schedule:
Saturday, September 16, 2023
- 8:30 AM: Event day registration and pre-registration check-in opens, the Children's Art Tent/face painting tent opens, the Decoration Station tent is open to decorate team signs (we provide team signs for those teams with 4 or more pre-registered - deadline is Monday, September 11th at Noon)
- 9:00 AM: Dimensions in Sound (big band music) starts, 50/50 raffle sales, Middleton HS Dancers perform
- 9:40 AM: The kick-off ceremony with Pam Jahnke (Farm Babe) begins, Team Captains with over 8 receive their medals, sponsors recognized
- 10:00 AM: Walk begins. We will announce each team one by one, so we get a photo at the start line. Individuals (not on a team will be announced as a group)
- 10:30 AM: The Lupus Isn't Fair... Fair is a small carnival with games and carnival snacks/water which will be ready to go as walkers return to the park. In each t-shirt bag, you will be provided a punch card. Get your card punched at each of the 5 simple games and the 3 designated tents to be eligible for a mystery prize drawing. For those of you who didn't order a shirt, we will have cards available.
- Celebrating 10 Years! A10th Anniversary tent will include photos from the past 9 years
- We will have a Lupus Information Tent with our Health Education Coordinator there for questions and an AstraZeneca info tent.
- 11:30: 50/50 raffle drawing
- 12-12:30: The band and activities will wrap up
This year's route:
The walk route has 1, 2 or 3 mile options. At the ½ mile mark (water station) participants can do a u-turn if they want to complete 1 mile, same at the 1-mile mark (water station/portable toilet) – participants can U-turn to complete a 2-mile walk, and at the 1 ½ mile mark (water station/portable toilet) they U-turn to complete a 3-mile walk. Most of the walk is on the Pheasant Branch Conservancy Trail. This was our original walk route (not what we have used the past few years). Construction is finished on the trails.
Your Fundrising pages/prizes:
- If you signed up as a Team Captain, you will have a personal page and a walk page. We will combine those pledges/donations in the captain's total.
- You can link Facebook fundraising through your dashboard once you log in. Do not start it from Facebook, start it from your walk page in order for them to be linked and count in your page's thermometers.
- Incentive prizes are earned for individual pledge raisers.
- Raise $250 and receive an awareness bracelet or a journal
- Raise $500 and receive a small Bluetooth speaker or LFA, WI Chapter cap
- Raise $1000 and receive a lupus throw pillow
- Raise $2500 and receive a $50 Amazon gift card
- Raise $5000 and receive a $150 Visa card
- Prizes are cumulative, so as your pledge raising goes up, the more prizes you win!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (414) 443 6400.