Walk for Girls and Water Leaderboard
- 1 Tereson Dupuy $256.00 raised
- 2 Eugenie Bolduc $156.25 raised
- 3 Nirav Solanki $130.00 raised
- 4 Anna Ressler $130.00 raised
- 5 Corey Broms $130.00 raised
- 1 Global Overview $10,663.50 raised
- 2 Rotary Club of Silicon Andhra $3,260.00 raised
- 3 MamaCap's Walk $372.50 raised
- 4 Nioma Narissa’s ANGELS $331.00 raised
- 5 Tereson's Walk for Water Team $256.00 raised
About the Walk for Girls and Water
A second wave of COVID is spreading through India, costing thousands of lives. Rural communities are ill-prepared for the surge in cases, and patients are facing devastating consequences, due to shortage of oxygen, ventilators and hospital beds.
Join WomenServe's second annual virtual Walk for Girls and Water, a 10-day fundraising event and walk, to raise awareness, give water, and help girls and communities beat COVID-19.
Beginning July 19, we’re asking you to take 10 walks with us for girls and water. Take your #IWalkforGirlsandWater2021 in unity with our women and girls who walk daily to get water in the Thar Desert heat—especially those that continue to do this during the global pandemic placing them and their families at greater risk.
10 days, 10 walks for the 10 hours that she walks every day.
Participating is done in 3 simple steps:
2. Choose your fundraising goal
3. Walk and share
Download the WomenServe 2021 Walk for Girls and Water toolkit to get tips and help you create more impact!
Fundraising Prizes & Recognition
Make your walk even more fun! Fun prizes are offered to fundraisers who raise these levels (follow us on social to get sneak peeks of the prizes!)
$500 -- $1000 -- $2,500 -- $5,000
We will honor top fundraisers in these areas:
- Most Funds Raised - Individual and Team
- Biggest Team
- Most Donors - Individual and Team
- View More Recent Activity
Urgent COVID-19 Relief
Your donations will go directly to local village health centers and rural communities of Rajasthan, India facing COVID-19. Each dollar raised helps:
- Prepare and equip healthcare systems by providing medical supplies including oxygen, PPE, ambulance support.
- Educate communities on social distancing, hygiene and protective measures to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Rehabilitation measures to support families to cope with lockdown resulting in loss of livelihoods
Strengthen & Recover
Alongside emergency relief efforts, our team continues to support girls, women and their families through programs designed to ensure lasting change:
- Build resilience by supporting women to form local support groups and institutions, creating a basis for stronger, more sustainable communities for the future.
- Ensure the future of girls through quality education, focus on access and re-enrollment.
- Support recovery and through year-round access to water and hygiene, sustainable agriculture, and entrepreneurship.
WomenServe is a registered 501(c)3 public nonprofit. WomenServe seeks to unlock the potential of women and girls in Western Rajasthan, India by increasing access to water, health & hygiene, education, and economic empowerment.
We partner with nonprofit organizations, impact funds, and social innovators to build community systems that promote lasting access to resources that fuel sustainable change. Since 2009, WomenServe has changed over 28,000 lives.