The following schedule includes all of the events and happenings of the weekend. Plan ahead and join us for all of the fun: get to know other riders before the ride so that you can cheer each other on as well as swap stories, methods, pains and triumphs.
Friday, September 27th
5:00-7:00pm - Check-in at Lone Pine Comfort Inn. Turn in sponsor sheet and pledges that have been totaled. Have your bike checked for proper equipment.
6:00pm- Dinner at Lone Pine Smokehouse: 325 S Main St, Lone Pine, CA 93545. We are having dinner here instead of the VFW like pervious years because of a scheduling conflict with the VFW.
8:00pm - Worship/prayer/speaker at Spainhower Park - All volunteers, riders and friends welcome.
Saturday, September 28th
6-6:30am – Volunteer Check-in at Lone Pine Comfort Inn.
6:15-6:45am - Rider check-in and photos at Lone Pine Comfort Inn.
6:50am - Mandatory Rider safety briefing at Ride Start (Lone Pine Comfort Inn) – Do not be late! Be completely ready for the ride at this time!
7:00am - Ride Start
Sunday, September 29th
7:00am - Official end of the Whitney Classic. Rest, go for a swim, and get ready for the Pizza Party. (*Official support for the Whitney ends at this time, but riders, who may still be riding, are encouraged to complete the ride.)
12:00pm - Pizza Party at Spainhower Park. Food is free. Please plan on staying around for the fun, awards, and laughter.
Lone Pine Comfort Inn - 1920 S Main St, Lone Pine, CA 93545Lone Pine
Lone Pine Smokehouse - 325 S Main St, Lone Pine, CA 93545
Spainhower Park - 430 N Main St, Lone Pine, CA 93545
The ride starts with a climb of Horseshoe Meadows Rd. (via Tuttle Creek Rd), an out and back to the town of Darwin, and a finish climb of Whitney Portal Rd.
1) The ride begins at the Lone Pine Comfort Inn.
2) Ride north on 395 and continue north into Lone Pine.
3) Take a left on Whitney Portal Rd follow briefly to the west to a left on Tuttle Creek Rd.
4) Follow Tuttle Creek Rd until the junction of Lubken Canyon Rd. take a right on Lubken Canyon Rd and then a left onto Horseshoe Meadows Rd.
5) Climb Horseshoe Meadows Rd to the end and then back down Horseshoe Meadows Rd.
6) Take a right on Lubken Canyon Rd then a left onto 395.
7) Ride north on 395 then take a right onto Route 136.
8) Take 136 East (it will become Route 190) until a right at Darwin Rd.
9) Follow Darwin Rd. southeast to the town of Darwin and the turnaround at Main St. Follow Darwin Rd back to 190.
10) Take a left on Route 190 then stay right on to Route 136.
11) Follow 136 to 395. Take a right on 395 and ride north to a left on to Whitney Portal Rd.
12) Follow Whitney Portal Rd up to the west to the finish at the Whitney Portal Store.