Our Newest Runners
- Dominic Hugo $30.00 raised
- AH Arnie Holder $0.00 raised
- SH Sarah Hall $0.00 raised
- LM liz mcnamara $450.00 raised
- MK mary koch $625.00 raised
- DC debra cruz $0.00 raised
- TF Taryn Flack $0.00 raised
- LF Lana Flack $0.00 raised
- MM MARCIA MANNARINO $50.00 raised
- KN Katherine Norton $0.00 raised
Welcome Disney Princess runners and supporters!
Team GP2C is the charity race team for Girl Power 2 Cure, a 501c3 nonprofit that is fighting for all of those affected by Rett Syndrome, a debilitating neurological disorder that predominantly affects females but can affect boys. It is the leading genetic cause of severe impairment in girls, brought on by a single gene mutation that leads to underproduction of an important brain protein. Kids are born “normal,” but without the protein, begin to lose acquired skills between 1 and 3 years old. Many lose their ability to speak, walk or use their hands, and depend on their families for every part of their day. Complications include seizures, sudden death and scoliosis.
Despite their physical disabilities, girls and boys with Rett Syndrome function at a simular cognitive level to their peers. Amidst the mass confusion in their central nervous systems, they are smart, strong, and waiting bravely for us to unlock the door to their recovery.
Today, there is no cure. But Rett Syndrome is CURABLE! Research has proven once protein levels are back to normal levels, symptoms subside.
Their strength and perseverance inspire and empowers people across the globe, just like you!
Please join us, as a runner, donor or sponsor to help continue the fight to cure Rett Syndrome as we embark on our 10th year at the Disney Princess Half Marathon Race Weekend.
To date, we have raised over $1.9 million through the generous supporters and sponsors of our runners towards a cure!
- 1 Monica Wu $2,285.00 raised
- 2 Robin Ballard $1,280.00 raised
- 3 Charity Proffitt $1,263.00 raised
- 4 Holly LaFort $1,000.00 raised
- 5 Mari Boczar $950.00 raised
- 1 Team Bellablue $3,285.00 raised
- 2 Living4Lilliana $1,975.00 raised
- 3 Team Diana $1,580.00 raised
- 4 Team Allison $1,280.00 raised
- 5 Team HIH $1,273.00 raised
- View More Recent Activity