Help us celebrate 51 years!
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Hope Community Resources is working hard to protect our community, while trying to meet the needs of the individuals and families who choose our supports.
In accordance with the guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, we have made the decision to turn the 51st Annual Walk & Roll for Hope, which was scheduled for Saturday, May 2, into a virtual walk.
The Walk & Roll for Hope has been a vital source of revenue for Hope for the last 50 years. It has raised essential funds to augment the ever-growing unfunded programmatic needs that are fundamental to the continuation of quality programs and services at Hope.
The social distancing and hunker down orders are taking a toll on service delivery to individuals and families, creating an uncertain future for agencies, such as Hope, who provide direct care to a vulnerable population.
Your participation, more than ever, is crucial in helping to provide much-needed funds to stabilize and maintain services to Alaskans who experience either an intellectual, developmental or other physical disability, a traumatic brain injury or a mental health challenge in these uncertain times. Check back frequently for updates.
So what is a virtual event?
A virtual event is a walking/running event that you can complete anytime/anyplace! The best part of a virtual event is convenience - you decide what works best for you.
This event will last from May 2nd-16th! Pick a day or weekend to get outside with your kids and dress up as your favorite Martian. Don’t forget to post a selfie on our Facebook Page when you have completed your run/walk.
Raise $75.00 or more and receive the official 51st Annual Walk & Roll for Hope t-shirt FREE, designed and printed by Alaska Serigraphics! Raise $500 and also receive an official hoodie! T-shirt and hoodies will be handed out at the "Thank You" BBQ that will occur later in the summer.
Plus for every $100 you raise online by noon on Friday, May 1st, you'll be entered to win two round trip tickets anywhere Alaska Airlines flies.
Please read the FAQ section before you register.
P.S. Costumes are encouraged
of your goal reached
51st Walk & Roll Leaderboard
- 1 Michele Girault $1,130.00 raised
- 2 Jeffery Hoffman $700.00 raised
- 3 Carrie Carson $330.00 raised
- 4 Catherine Wheeler $280.00 raised
- 5 Diane Jones $184.00 raised
- 6 Diane Blas $130.00 raised
- 7 Alma Nelson $130.00 raised
- 8 Kris Jez $130.00 raised
- 9 John Barrowman $100.00 raised
- 10 Thomas Merculief $75.00 raised
- 1 Paws for Hope $2,615.00 raised
- 2 E 4oth Space Cadets $700.00 raised
- 3 Men in Black $330.00 raised
- 4 Team Furrow $325.00 raised
- 5 Dunbar Dazzlers $184.00 raised
- 6 DCC- Aliens with Paperwork $160.00 raised
- 7 Bike and Bee $160.00 raised
- 8 Saratoga Greeks $130.00 raised
- 9 Sleeping Lady Mtn. Lions Club $130.00 raised
- 10 USESE Local #4688 $100.00 raised
- View More Recent Activity
Our Newest Participants
- Bev Lewanski $30.00 raised
- Samantha Romig $50.00 raised
- Carrie Carson $330.00 raised
- Diane Blas $130.00 raised
- Jena Crafton $40.00 raised
- Ethel De Guzman $30.00 raised
- Alma Nelson $130.00 raised
- Diane Jones $184.00 raised
- Chuck Wright $30.00 raised
- mesah white $20.00 raised
For more information
Contact Mike Wachsmuth