Join AIDS Walk Miami on April 28th and help us #IMPACT the lives of 50,000+ individuals impacted by HIV/AIDS in South Florida!
South Florida leads the nation with new HIV infections.
There are 44 new diagnosed cases for every 100,000 individuals living in our communities - that's 3 times the national average. 116,944 people with an HIV diagnosis were living in Florida by the end of 2017, and 4,949 new HIV diagnoses were made statewide.
Care Resource is one of the largest organizations in South Florida dedicated to serving those suffering with or affected by HIV/AIDS in South Florida. We are among the most important entities in the nation's fight against HIV and AIDS, removing barriers to access and ensuring that individuals living with HIV/AIDS can receive the continuum of care they need.
We need your support!
AIDS Walk Miami is a 5K (3.1 mile) walk-a-thon fundraiser that amplifies awareness of the impact HIV/AIDS continues to have on our community by honoring those living with the disease and memorializing those who have passed on. All money raised supports Care Resource and stays here in South Florida.
The funds raised by AIDS Walk Miami allow Care Resource and its Food For Life Network Food Bank to continue providing critical help to the 17,000+ individuals annually who depend on its essential services: primary medical and dental care, HIV and STI testing, case management, counseling, prevention education, housing, food and nutritional assistance, and much more.
Join the Walk today!
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO START RAISING FUNDS FOR AIDS WALK MIAMI?
Here are a few simple suggestions to get started with your fundraising:
- Set up your team or individual fundraising web page. Then send out an e-mail to friends, family members, and co-workers from your Fundraising Dashboard.
- Social Networking: post your fundraising web page on Facebook and Twitter and ask your friends and other contacts for support!
- Matching Gift Programs: many corporate organizations have corporate giving programs that match their employees donations. Use the matching gift programs of your employer or your family and friends' employers to double or triple your donations! Check to see if your employer participates in the corporate giving policy online now or ask your Human Resources department.
- Host a fundraising party or event: ask a local bar or restaurant to donate their space for a happy hour or fundraising dinner party. Charge a flat admission or suggest a donation. Plan a raffle, contest, or drink special to make the night exciting!
- Awards and recognition: give your team members an incentive to sign up, raise money and walk. Ask a local business to contribute to your team by providing a prize or two and create a contest within your team. You could create a contest for: most new team members enlisted, highest amount raised, or most original fundraising effort.
- For more fundraising ideas: visit our Fundraising Tips & Tools page!
of your goal reached
- View More Recent Activity
DOES YOUR EMPLOYER OR YOUR DONOR'S EMPLOYER MATCH DONATIONS?
One of the smartest ways to give is through a Gift Matching Program, where a company or individual matches your donations to charitable organizations. These matches are often dollar for dollar or even match dollars to the amount of time you volunteer, doubling or tripling your charitable donation power.
There are two basic methods to utilize this area. The first is to find out if your employer offers this program. Simply enter the information below. If your company does participate, you will be presented information including gift match program details, eligibility requirements, contact information and online gift matching forms. The second is to check if the person who is pledging you is employed by a participating company.
If your company is not listed here, you might wish to check with your Human Resource department as you might not have the proper company or parent name.
Online charitable donation sites frequently feature gift matching programs sponsored by corporations or individuals. Before donating through a matching gift program, find out whether different giving methods (for example, credit card, check or money order; shop-for-charity; volunteering) result in different matching levels. Should you require any assistance with this program, please contact us at 305-751-WALK (9255) or at email@example.com.
To find out if your company will match gifts for the AIDS Walk, please enter your employer's name below:
AIDS Walk Miami is a fundraiser for Care Resource, a 501[c](3) non-profit, multi-cultural, community based HIV/AIDS service organization. The agency is dedicated to providing education, prevention and early intervention services, information and referrals, primary medical care, clinical trials, psycho social services and community outreach. These services are provided to men, women and youth in the South Florida communities of Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Our organization is listed as: Care Resource Community Health Centers, Inc. d/b/a Care Resource and our Federal Tax ID is 59-2564198.