General Event Questions
Q: What is the schedule of events?
- 8:00am – 5K Run Registration Opens
- 9:00am – 5K Run Starts
- 9:15am – Walk Registration Opens
- 10:00am – 5K Awards Ceremony
- 10:15am – Walk Starts
- 10:30am – Fun Fest Opens
- 1:00pm – Fun Fest Closes
Q: Are there restrooms?
- Yes, a restroom facility is conveniently located on the event grounds very close to the registration area. If you are looking at the Clipper Pavilion with the reservoir behind it, the restroom are located in the small builidng to the right.
Q: Will there be food?
- Yes, bagels, granola bars, fruit, coffee, and water have been generoulsy donated by local businesses for runners and walkers (while supplies last).
Q: Is there a rain date?
- No, the 21st Annual Building Tomorrows event will take place rain or shine!
Q: Where can I go if I get hurt?
- Please alert one of the event volunteers in a dark gray event t-shirt, and they will be happy to provide assistance.
Q: Where do I go if someone has been separated from the group?
- Please proceed to the registration table under the Clipper Pavilion and one of our representatives will promptly assist you. The Arc will coordinate with the event DJ and band to make announcements to reunite you with your loved one.
Q: Why am I getting a wristband?
- Wristbands signify your payment and admission for the Fun Fest. If you have not raised $25 or more on your fundraising page or paid for your Fun Fest admission, you will be directed to see an event representative. Wristbands also provide an added layer of safety in the event of an emergency.
Q: Can I bring my dog?
- The South Mountain Recreation complex is a dog-friendly, public park. When deciding whether or not to bring your dog, please keep their temperament in mind. All dogs must be leashed and you must pick up after them. The event will feature high-energy activities and live music. It will be highly attended by children, adults, and individuals with special needs. Please ensure your dog is comfortable in this environment.
Q: I'd like to make a donation. Where can I do that?
- You can either click the "Donate Now" button below or click "Donate" in the menu bar at the top of the page and follow the instructions.
- You can also bring donations the day of the event to The Clipper Pavilion - we accept cash, credit, and check.
Q: Does everyone get a t-shirt?
- No. All registered runners will receive an event t-shirt and Fun Fest admission included with their registration fee. Additionally, all walkers who raise $25 or more will receive an event t-shirt and free Fun Fest admission. If you do not meet these criteria, you may purchase an event t-shirt on site for $25 – it will include Fun Fest admission.
Q: Is this a USATF sanctioned event?
- No, the event is not USATF certified this year.
Q: How will I be timed?
- Professional chip and gun times will be provided by Tristate Timing.
Q: Is there a course map?
- Yes, you can either click the "Course Map" button listed below or click the "Event Details" tab in the menu bar above and find it there. You will be able to download and print the map.
- The course map will also be provided in the registration confirmation email, as a handout at registration, and on signage around the Clipper Pavilion. Please note that you need to walk a short distance to the Start Line.
Q: What are the awards categories?
- Age groups are 14 & Under through 75 & Over in ten year increments. Medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd male and female overall finishers as well as to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age group for males and females.
Q: Can I run with a stroller?
- Jogging strollers are permitted for the 5K, however, all participants with strollers must line-up at the back of the pack to avoid congestion at the start line.
Q: Where will run results be posted?
- Your results will be posted under the Clipper Pavilion. Please look for the "Race Results" banners.
Q: How will I receive my medal if I place and am unable to stay for the awards ceremony?
- If you place but are unable to stay for the awards ceremony, we will mail your medal to you. We will mail all prizes for top fundraisers following the event.
Q: Can I get a refund if I can no longer attend?
- Unfortunately, refunds are not available.