Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Dance with Courage?
Dance with Courage is a virtual fundraiser hosted by Dance Arts Centre to support True Friends, a non-profit organization that provides life-changing experiences for children and adults with disabilities. Our goal is to raise $20,000 to support True Friends and the children and adults with disabilities they serve.
2. How can I help?
Each dancer should register as a fundraiser and start setting up their fundraising page.
3. How will I work with my team?
Online team totals will be combined with team piggy bank totals to determine team prizes (see below). Due to varying team sizes, team totals are averaged out by the number of dancers on each team.
4. When can I register?
Online registrations begins Saturday, November 4. If you register by Monday, November 6 at 11:59 p.m. you will receive an extra entry to win a private lesson with a Dance Art Centre dance instructor.
5. How do I register?
- Go to www.dancewithcourage.org
- Click “Register”
- Choose your competition team and register with the Dancer's name and information.
- Once you have completed registration, you will be prompted to create an account or log into an existing account.
- Customize your fundraising page with a note to your supporters! Happy Fundraising!
If you have any questions about registering or logging in please contact Emma Erickson at email@example.com.
6. How does the Dance Arts Centre Courage Prize Drawing Work?
- For every $10 raised, dancers will receive an entry to win a private dance lesson with a Dance Arts Centre instructor.
- If you register by November 6 at 11:59 p.m., you will receive an extra entry in the drawing.
- The deadline for funds raised to count towards earning prize drawing entries is Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m..
- The drawing will take place and winners will be announced on Thursday, November 16, 2023.
- A dancer can win a maximum of one private dance lesson. If a dancer is chosen for a second lesson, it will be redrawn.
7. Will there be piggy banks?
Each Competition Team is in a battle against each other! Each of our competition teams will have their personalized team piggy bank on display at the dance studio. You can fill your piggy banks during our fundraiser from November 4 -15.
Your online donations will count towards both your individual fundraising total and your team's total! We will be combining each team's piggy money and your online donations. The top 3 teams (Average Dollars donated per dancer) will receive a prize.
8. What are the team prizes for 2023 Dance with Courage?
- 1st place team - Private Movie Screening - Movie and date TBD
- 2nd place team - Team Pizza Party - During Class
- 3rd place team - Cupcake Social - During Class
9. How do I become a Corporate Sponsor?
- Challenge Sponsor - TBD based on the donation of the sponsor
- Premier Sponsor - $500
- Gold Sponsor - $250
- For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. How can I make a matching gift from my employer?
If your employer provides a matching gift opportunity, follow these steps below to complete the match.
- Click the box, “This donation can be matched” when making an online gift to DWC. Enter the matching company and the matching donation amount. After making your donation you will receive an auto-email thanking you for your personal gift and listing its gift summary details. Use this document as proof of your personal donation that your employer can then match.
- You will need to follow up with your employer to secure the matching gift. You’ll need to fill out your employer’s required paperwork which typically asks for True Friends EIN (Tax ID #): 41-1543013, contact info: True Friends 10509 108th St NW, Annandale, MN 55302, 952-852-0101, email@example.com, and proof of your donation. For proof of your donation, use a copy of your auto-email thank you and gift summary.
- There will be somewhat of a lag from when you initiate a matching donation to when it shows up in the dancer’s fundraising thermometer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org that you’ve completed the matching gift paperwork (or if you have any questions on completing it). Once you’ve confirmed the paperwork has been completed, the matching gift will be officially confirmed and will reflect in the fundraising thermometer. The matching gift check from your employer typically takes a few weeks or longer to be received at True Friends, but this way if we know the paperwork is completed, we can confirm the donation and count it towards your dancers’ fundraising totals.
11. I still have a question. Who can I talk to?
You can reach out to Emma at True Friends. Click here to send an email!
**Thank you for supporting Dance with Courage
which helps True Friends and children and adults with disabilities!**