Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will the event work?
While this year may look different, our goal remains the same! Although we will not be dancing at the mall, we will still move forward and fundraise online. Our goal is to raise $18,000 to support True Friends and the children and adults with disabilities they serve. The Dance With Courage fundraising event begins on January 30 and runs through February 10 at 11:59 p.m..
2. When can I register?
Online registration begins Sunday, January 30. If you register by Tuesday, February 1 at 11:59 p.m. you will receive an extra entry to win a private lesson with a Dance Art Centre dance instructor (see FAQ 4 for more details on prize drawing). Registration will be free this year.
3. How do I Register?
- Go to www.dancewithcourage.org (it’ll also appear as LINK HERE)
- Click “Register”
- Click “Register as a Fundraiser”
- Enter email address
*If you can, use the same email as last year to use your old account. If you forgot your password, click "I need help with my password" and use your email to reset it.
*If you do not have an existing account, create one. .
- Once you are logged into your account, follow the registration prompts until completed.
To Customize your personal fundraising page
- Go to www.dancewithcourage.org and click “Login or Sign up”
- Enter your email and password
- You will now be on your “Dashboard” which will allow you to customize your page, goal, add photos, etc.
- Click “My fundraising tools” and “edit my page”
If you have any questions about registering or logging in please contact Emma Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How does the Dance Arts Centre Courage Prize Drawing Work?
- For every $10 raised, the dancer will receive an entry to win a private dance lesson with a Dance Arts Centre instructor.
- If you register by February 1 at 11:59 p.m. you will recieve an extra entry in the drawing.
- The deadline for funds raised to count towards earning prize drawing entries is Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 11:59 p.m..
- The drawing will be done and winners will be announced on Friday, Feburary 11, 2022.
- A dancer can win a maximum of one private dance lesson. If a dancer is chosen for a second lesson, it will be redrawn.
5. Will there be an event t-shirt for DWC 2022?
There will not be a 2022 DWC event t-shirt, but we hope to have one in 2023.
6. Will there be piggy banks?
Each of our competition teams will have their own piggy bank on display at the dance studio. Donations can be added to any teams piggy bank at any time during the fundraising period. The piggy bank total will be added to their team fundraising total from online donations. The top 3 teams will receive a prize.
7. What are the team prizes for 2022 Dance with Courage?
- 1st place team - Private Movie Screening - Date TBD
- 2nd place team - Team Pizza Party - During Class
- 3rd place team - Cupcake Social - During Class
8. Will Dads and Daughters be participating?
Since we will not be dancing again this year, dads will not need to register. We do encourage dads to support their daughter's fundraising efforts by donating and sharing their fundraising page with others.
9. How can I make a matching gift from my employer?
If your employer provides a matching gift opportunity that’s great! Here’s the steps to do it:
- Click the box, “This donation can be matched” when making an online gift to DWC. Enter the matching company and the matching donation amount.
NOTE: after making your donation you will receive an auto-email thanking you for your personal gift and listing its gift summary details (at the very bottom of email. This is proof of your personal donation that your employer can then match).
- You will need to follow up with your employer to secure the matching gift. You’ll need to fill out your employer’s required paperwork which typically asks for True Friends EIN (Tax ID #): 41-1543013, contact info: True Friends 10509 108th St NW, Annandale, MN 55302, 952-852-0101, email@example.com, and proof of your donation. For proof of your donation, use a copy of your auto-email thank you and gift summary.
- There will be somewhat of a lag from when you initiate a matching donation to when it shows up in the dancer’s fundraising thermometer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org that you’ve completed the matching gift paperwork (or if you have any questions on completing it). Once you’ve confirmed the paperwork has been completed, the matching gift will be officially confirmed and will reflect in the fundraising thermometer. The matching gift check from your employer typically takes a few weeks or longer to be received at True Friends, but this way if we know the paperwork is completed, we can confirm the donation and count it towards your dancers’ fundraising totals.
11. What are the social media tags for Dance with Courage and True Friends?
12. Important Deadlines
February 1 at 11:59 p.m. - Register by this time to receive an extra free prize drawing entry!
February 10 at 11:59 p.m. - Fundraising ends for team prizes and for the individual private dance lesson prize drawing.
**Thank you for supporting Dance with Courage
which helps True Friends and children and adults with disabilities!**