- T-shirts are available for optional purchase during registration. Join the entire state of Wisconsin in uniting to support our friends with Down syndrome and related disabilities by repping one of our 2020 shirts! Register by August 28, 2020 to be guaranteed a t-shirt by Walk Day. T-shirts will be shipped directly to the address you provide. They are $10 each plus shipping.
Challenges & Drawings
- In June-September, join us on Facebook every Friday at 2pm for a live video or post with challenge updates and winners! Each week, we will update you on the following week's challenge, highlight winners from the current week's challenge, and do giveaways for participants who are registered for our Walks! Tune in to see self-advocates, staff, and sponsors introducing fun challenges that YOU can participate in to win! Make sure to follow us on the DSAW State Facebook for the latest updates.
Virtual 21 Showcase
- This year, we will be running a months-long 21 Showcase on social media! Click here to submit a photo/video so that we can introduce your loved one to our friends across the state!
- Now more than ever, your support of DSAW is crucial. The majority of our programs and events are fully funded by fundraising that takes place at this annual Awareness Walk. We need YOU to come out strong at this Walk, more than ever before. And we have some fun ideas of how to fundraise!
- Host Zoom Trivia with your friends
- Donate your talents! If you are a yoga instructor (or another fitness coach), or have an artsy hobby that you can teach people (knitting, painting, cooking a dish) offer a virtual class for a donation
- "If I raise $____ for DSAW in the next week, I will..."
- Share a video of my kid throwing a pie in my face
- Participate in a viral Tik Tok dance challenge with my kids
- Do 21 minutes of live stand-up comedy on Facebook
- Have my kid give me a quarantine hair cut
- "If you donate $___ to my Walk team, I will go one mile in any way you choose!"
- The sky is the limit! If you have other fundraising ideas or use one of these, share with us @DSAWisconsin or with #DSAWVirtualWalk
Connect a Facebook Fundraiser
- This year, it will be incredibly easy to fundraise creatively on Facebook! After you register for our event, you will have the option to link a Facebook fundraiser to your team on Qgiv. Thermometer totals will be updated automatically as you receive donations thru Facebook fundraisers. Make fundraising incredibly easy for your networks!
- Note that you must create your Facebook fundraiser via Qgiv's My Fundraising Dashboard and not directly through Facebook. If you create the fundraiser on Facebook first there is no way to connect your fundraiser to our event.
- If you don't connect to Facebook when setting up your profile, you can connect at a later time. Navigate to your personal fundraising dashboard then click the link to connect your fundraiser to Facebook. The button is located toward the bottom of the personal fundraising dashboard.
- In the month of September, each day will be a new challenge for you and your families! We will prove that DSAW is virtually inseparable as you share your lives with us. We'll have exercise challenges, costume contests, creativity competitions, spirit days, and more!! Stay tuned for more info.
- We know you all like to win things! In the week leading up to the walk (September 21-27), we will have an online silent auction and buy now items. Featuring huge raffle baskets, gift cards, and more! DSAW advisory board will either deliver or ship items to auction winners. Our virtual auction website will launch closer to Walk Day.
Walk Day - Sunday, September 27
- DSAW families from across the entire state will come together to raise awareness and acceptance of our loved ones on Sunday, September 27. Tune in to our virtual, statewide pre-walk program and celebration (starting at 10am) and stay tuned!
- Potential In-Person Opportunities
- We are examining exciting local meet up opportunities on Walk Day in Green Bay such as a giant car parade or physically distant Awareness Walk as long as things are safe! We will continue to evaluate in-person opportunities as the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds.
- We will NOT be hosting a family festival, but we are hopeful we will get to see you in person in some fashion on September 27!
Fundraising Incentives & Prizes
- More information on incentives and prizes coming soon!
- The cut-off for donations that qualify for the Top Fundraising Prizes is 11:59PM on Saturday, September 26. All cash and check donations must arrive at the DSAW office by noon on Friday, September 25 to qualify. We have fantastic prizes for our top teams!
- There are chances to win for everyone! We will be doing drawings and prizes for fundraising, team size, and more throughout the coming months.