Dog Participation Guidelines
In order to enjoy having your four-legged companion at the Happy Tails walk-a-thon and for the safety and comfort of all participants, all owners must abide by the following requirements:
CANINE ELIGIBILITY RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
- All owners must fill out and sign the event registration and waiver form either online or in-person on event day.
- All Dogs must be up to date on both rabies and distemper vaccinations.
- Dogs must does not show any of the following symptoms in the last 7 days leading up to event day: cough, runny nose, fever, lethargy, eye discharge, or reduced appetite.
- All dogs must be either on a leash not exceeding 48” (4 feet) in length, or in a suitable containment system.
- No retractable leashes can be used during the event.
- Owner must clean up after their pet and place their doggy bags in appropriate containers. (Containers will be located at break stations on the route)
- Pet owners must report any incidents to Guelph Humane Society staff and to First Aid immediately.
- Pet owners must adhere to the event rules and comply with GHS staff if asked to separate from other dogs or leave..
- Your pet must meet all municipal by-laws.
- You must obey posted signs regarding access to designated areas.