Dog Participation Guidelines
In order to enjoy having your four-legged companion at the Happy Tails walk-a-thon and for the safety and comfort of all participants, all owners must abide by the following requirements:
CANINE ELIGIBILITY RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
- All owners must fill out and sign the event registration and waiver form either online or in-person on event day.
- All dogs must be up to date on vaccinations.
- Please do not bring your dog if they are sick or show any of the following symptoms: cough, runny nose, fever, lethargy, eye discharge, diarrhea or reduced appetite.
- All dogs must be on a leash not exceeding 48” (4 feet) in length.
- No retractable leashes can be used during the event.
- Dogs that are anxious or reactive to people or other dogs should remain at home.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and place their doggy bags in appropriate containers. (Containers will be located at break stations on the route)
- Pet owners must report any incidents to Guelph Humane Society staff and to First Aid immediately.
- Pet owners must adhere to the event rules and comply with GHS staff if requested to separate from other dogs.
- Your pet must meet all municipal by-laws.
- You must obey posted signs regarding access to designated areas.