Event Details - The What, Where and When!
Thank you for being a part of the 2019 Hawaii Parkinson Walk! Below is some important information to help you get ready for the big day. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
The Hawaii Parkinson Walk will be held on Sunday, November 3, from 9:00 a.m. - 12 noon at Magic Island. The event is designed to engage people with Parkinson’s, families, friends, caregivers, co-workers, healthcare professionals, and corporate leaders to come together and raise awareness of the disease. Registration is free and easy at www.hawaiiparkinsonwalk.org. There is no cost to participate, but fundraising is encouraged. Please don’t forget to bring sunscreen and/or an umbrella depending on the weather as this is an outdoor event, and we will walk rain or shine!
Location and Parking
The Hawaii Parkinson Walk will be held at Magic Island, at Ala Moana Beach Park in Honolulu. There is plenty of free and handicap parking in the lot on Magic Island. We will also have volunteers waiting to assist you if you would like to drop someone off directly at the event and then go and park.
- 9:00 am: Event opens at Magic Island.
If you have any additional donations to turn in, or need to pick up your t-shirt coupon (for those who raised more than $100), please head to the registration tent.If you do not have any additional donations to turn in and do not need to collet your coupon, there is no need to go to the registration tent.
- 9:30 am: Warm Up!
- 9:50 am: Please gather at the stage for the oli (blessing) and to officially start the walk.
- 10:00 am: Walk begins! Head to the starting line under the balloon archway. You can do one lap or as many as you would like. An alternate exercise will be offered at the exercise tent for those who choose not to do the walk.
- 10:30: Walkers return. Prizes given away on-stage.
- 10:45: Fundraising prizes announced on stage.
- 12:00: Hawaii Parkinson Walk ends.
The event is free and open to the public, but fundraising is highly encouraged and greatly appreciated. Participants can collect donations online once they register at www.hawaiiparkinsonwalk.org. Checks made payable to “Hawaii Parkinson Association” can be turned into the registration tent at the event, or mailed to: Hawaii Parkinson Association, PO Box 1312, Kailua, HI 96734. We will be accepting cash, checks and credit card donations at the event.
- All Participants will receive: A walker bag with sponsor coupons.
- Participants Who Raise More Than $100: Will receive a Hawaii Parkinson Association reusable bag, and an official Walk T-shirt.
- 1st Place Individual Who Raises the Most Funds: Prize TBA
- 2nd Place Individual Who Raises the Most Funds: Prize TBA
- 1st Place Team Captain: Prize TBA
- 2nd Place Team Captain: Prize TBA
- Best Team T-Shirt: Prize TBA
- Team Who Has the Most Members: Prize TBA
Any Team Who Raises Over…
- $2,500+: Team will have your own 10 x 10 tent to gather under at the Hawaii Parkinson Walk. Tent will be set up and waiting for you at event, we will take care of set up and take down. Funds must be raised by 10/20
- $5,000+: Receive the above & we’ll provide a table & 6 chairs. Funds must be raised by 10/20
- $7,500+: Receive the above & we’ll provide, two tables, a dozen chairs, Starbucks Coffee and a 1 dozen donuts. Funds must be raised by 10/20
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hawaiiparkinsonwalk.org.