In an abudnance of caution while facing the on-going COVID19 pandemic, the Lansing/East Lansing AIDS Walk had made the difficult decision to postpone the 2021 walk event. While we are saddened by this decision, we are proud to host the Summer Splash peer fundraising event to support the mission of the Lansing Area AIDS Network in a way that allows participants to stay home and stay safe.
The Lansing/East Lansing AIDS Walk will return with an in-person walk event in the fall of 2022.
Dear LAAN Friends and Supporters
The LAAN Staff and Board would like to extend their most heartfelt appreciation for your continued support of the Lansing Area AIDS Network.
Without the generous donations of individuals like you, LAAN would find it impossible to provide the HIV Care and Prevention Services that remain critical.
As we enter the summer of 2021, the demand for serivces LAAN provides is continually increasing. There are ever increasing caseload demands and new governmental mandates that dictate the manner in which allocations are made and funds are expended. The emerging landscape of HIV work is dynamic, and at times uncertain. Still, one thing remains clear: the work LAAN does impacts the lives of so many within our community.
The Lansing Area AIDS Network serves six Mid-Michigan counties, providing HIV care programs and prevention services. LAAN offers free anonymous HIV counselling and testing services.
Help Us Reach Out Goal!
The Lansing Area AIDS Network could not achieve our mission without the dedicated and continuous support of our community partners, donors, and event participants. It is your efforts that allow us to continue to provide services to those in need.
There are many ways to help the Lansing Area AIDS Network reach our goal of raising $10,000 over the course of the 2021 Summer season!
Join Our Campaign
Create an individual participant page to help us raise funds. Visit the resources page for images to share on your social media platforms and tips on asking your friends and family to help you reach your personal goals!
If committing to a personal fundraising goal isn't your speed, consider clicking the donate button and making a tax-deductable donation to help us achieve our overall goal!
Spread The Word!
If you are not able to support LAAN financially, we hope that you continue to support the agency and the battle which continues to be AIDS in your words and in your actions. A quick share on your social media platforms would mean the world to us!
A significant portion of our funding come from individuals like yourself and word of mouth. The work our donors, community partners, and friends do to spread our mission is invaluable!
Offline Donations Accepted
All donations will benefit the services provided to clients of the Lansing Area AIDS Network. Offline donations are accepted via mail to:
Lansing Area AIDS Network
913 W. Holmes Rd. Ste. 115
Lansing, MI 48910
Checks should be made out to LAAN.
LAAN Continues to Do Great Work!
In the last year, the Lansing Area AIDS Network:
- Provided services to over 200 clients
- Assisted with service to 12 clients from outside agencies
- Provided food assistance to over 160 clients and their families
- Provide complete holiday meals at Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons for 120 families
- Provided transportation assistance to over 70 clients
- Provided housing assistance for numerous clients
LAAN Needs Your Help!
Critical need continues to be present for many individuals living with HIV. Donated funds are used to supplement granted dollars in a manner that allows the agency to provide care and prevention services to those in greatest need.
Your donation will be used to:
- Assist clients in accessing and providing assistance for the substance use and mental health services that are so desperately needed
- Provide emergency housing assistance to households that find themselves living in substandard conditions or individuals that are homeless
- Provide holiday meals for clients and their families who would otherwise go without
- Ensure that our food pantry is fully stocked with fresh foods and produce throughout the year
- Allow for increased testing, risk reduction efforts, and medical interventions that significantly minimize HIV transmission and infection