Deadly Escalation in Palestine
Violence has escalated after months of ongoing tension across the region. Over 16,000 people have been killed and thousands more have been injured or deemed missing. In Gaza specifically, a ‘total blockade’ is in place, completely cutting off the 2 million civilians from access to food, electricity, and fuel.
Food stocks are “nearly exhausted”; the operation of water wells and desalination plants have stopped almost completely, forcing people to consume saline water and risking water-borne diseases; and hospitals in the south are struggling to function. In addition, about 1.8 million people – nearly 80% of the population – have been internally displaced and the total number of housing units destroyed or damaged accounts for at least 60% of all housing units in Gaza. Hundreds of thousands of people remaining in the north are struggling to survive as all the hospitals are now out of service.
Since the beginning of the truce, 150 aid trucks carrying humanitarian supplies have been allowed entry into the north. While issues related to the delivery of humanitarian aid persist, IRUSA partners have successfully completed the following interventions:
- Distribution of food parcels sourced by local farmers in Gaza to displaced families
- Provision of hygiene kits to people in shelters
- Provision of vital medical supplies to three hospitals including Hayfa Hospital, Al-Awda Hospital, and Al-Ahli Arab Hospital
- Access to mobile clinics for 23,400 people in shelters
- Immediate trauma response for 4,000-5,000 people
- Winter aid including home rehabilitation and provision of essential non-food items such as blankets, mattresses, and winter clothing
Our partners are continuing to work on the procurement and stockpiling of water, food and non-food items including blankets and mattresses for winter, and medical supplies, to be delivered once a pathway for humanitarian aid is established.
Focus on Palestine
Living under occupation and a constant threat of violence, Palestinians have been robbed of nearly every basic human right. Food insecurity; poor water quality; limited access to healthcare; lack of education opportunities; high unemployment; and restricted movement are only a few of the many problems the people of Palestine are forced to face in their daily lives.
Gaza has been described as an “open-air prison.” Years of restrictions on movement coupled with blockades have left over 2 million residents stuck with little hope of bettering their lives. Reports conclude that Gaza will soon become “unlivable” if this continues. The conflict has also led to one of the biggest refugee crises our world has faced. More than 7 million Palestinians have been displaced.
Our hope is to show the people of Palestine they have not been forgotten. Join us and support our brothers and sisters in their time of need.
We Need YOUR Help
Thanks to you, we’ve been able to accomplish so much. But there’s still so much more to do. By continuing to support our efforts in Palestine, you can help make a difference in the lives of those in desperate need.
Islamic Relief’s Dedication to Palestine
Islamic Relief has been working in Palestine for over two decades. Our legacy across the country has grown to help hundreds of thousands of people every year. Not only do we provide immediate emergency relief, but we work with our partners to implement long-term development programs that will help rebuild Palestine and bring hope to its people. Our efforts are expansive, covering nearly every sector Islamic Relief and its supporters have dedicated their time and energy to. This includes:
- Food aid
- Access to clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Access to healthcare including psychosocial support and awareness for women and children
- Childhood development efforts including access to education and support for orphans and children with disabilities
- Sustainable livelihood support including youth entrepreneurship and women empowerment efforts
- Emergency aid for families in Gaza including improved physical and mental wellbeing through shelter rehabilitation and psychosocial support
- Winter assistance
What happens when you join the fundraising movement?
When you make the decision to help fundraise for the effort, you go beyond just thoughts and prayers. This increased IMPACT is priceless, because it means we’re able to meet more needs of those who are waiting for us to lend a helping hand.
And if you're reading this message, it's because you want to go beyond the call the duty. For you, it's not enough to just keep those children in your thoughts and prayer. You want to double your impact by helping to sponsor these emergency efforts and helping deliver aid to those affected by creating a fundraising page. Get started by creating your page today!
We’re so glad you came. Just scroll to the top of the page and click "become a fundraiser" to setup your page and start promoting to your network via e-mail, social media, and your preferred messaging app. Even with a goal as small as $50, you can provide urgent food aid for families.
"The best among you are those who bring greatest benefits to many others"
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him).
- 1 HalalFest Fundraiser $65,068.32 raised
- 2 Islamic Relief USA at ICGC $45,636.30 raised
- 3 Hina Cheema $45,614.12 raised
- 4 Sarah Fakih $17,405.75 raised
- 5 David Hawa $14,591.30 raised
- 6 Send it Squad for Gaza $7,713.00 raised
- 7 Islamic Center of Mason $5,253.00 raised
- 8 Hoop For Charity $5,013.25 raised
- 9 The Salka Family $4,883.00 raised
- 10 Rania Rajabi $3,365.75 raised
- 1 Islamic Center of Northern KY fundraiser for Gaza $58,533.79 raised
- 2 Pedal For Palestine $20,240.99 raised
- 3 Greater Boston 5k Run/Walk for Palestine $7,000.81 raised
- 4 Hoop For Charity $5,013.25 raised
- 5 Corona Bake-sale $3,365.75 raised
- 6 ADAMS Radiant Hearts Academy $3,116.20 raised
- 7 Gaza Matched Donations $2,200.00 raised
- 8 Samina Birthday Appeal $2,067.15 raised
- 9 ADAMS Taleem ul Quran $1,833.00 raised
- 10 Gather for Gaza $1,575.30 raised