The statistics are frightening. Suicide is the second leading cause of death in the US for people ages 15 - 34, and Vermont's suicide rate is higher than the national average!
Project Hoeppner is a 501(c)3 charity created by Joe and Sue Hoeppner after they lost their 17 year old son Paul to suicide in 2018.
The organization's mission is to increase awareness, conversation and prevention around teen suicide. Working with local schools and organizations, they provide resources and opportunity for important discussion.
HOPE for TomorROW is a way to come together in remembrance and hope.
Funds raised at this event will go directly towards providing opportunities for teens to connect honestly and authentically with their loved ones and each other.
Project Hoeppner and the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum are grateful for your support!
Please visit projecthoeppner.com for more information.
Join us on June 25th!
This all-inclusive row was inspired by Paul's love of rowing. NO experience is required for this so-much-fun row to New York - about 2 miles roundtrip.
The Maritime Museum will provide 4-oar and 6-oar pilot gigs and life jackets. Each boat will be assigned an experienced rower as coxswain. Register individually or as a team. We're also accepting virtual rowers!
There will be two round-trip rowing sessions early in the day. The rough schedule is below, but will be largely dictated by Mother Nature. Please be prepared to be flexible and patient!!
- 8:30-9:00 check-in #1
- 9:00 intro/launch #1
- 10:30-11:00 return, lunch, etc.
- 11:00-11:30 check-in #2
- 11:30 intro/launch #2
- 1:00-1:30 return, lunch, etc.
Registration is $25.
All rowers will recieve a t-shirt, goody bag, lunch and a raffle ticket - we have some incredible prizes lined up!
If you'd like to join us but not row, please register as a virtual rower and we'll make sure you get a t-shirt, raffle ticket and lunch!
- 1 John Maitland $275.00 raised
- 2 Pete Cahn $275.00 raised
- 3 Mary Redington $225.00 raised
- 4 Anna Lefante $225.00 raised
- 5 Barbara Ash $150.00 raised
- 6 Alexandra Maklad $130.00 raised
- 7 Erin Ash $125.00 raised
- 8 TOM RYAN $125.00 raised
- 9 Heather Drake $125.00 raised
- 10 Josh Leckey $100.00 raised
- 1 GoodHope $575.00 raised
- 2 Sister Scull $575.00 raised
- 3 In Deep Ship $505.00 raised
- 4 Iron Si $350.00 raised
- 5 Team Trek $325.00 raised
- 6 4 Dinghies $300.00 raised
- 7 ROWhemian Rhapsody $290.00 raised
- 8 Palmetto Pirates $200.00 raised
- 9 Six Pack $150.00 raised
- 10 Surf 'n Turf $145.00 raised