Ending Preeclampsia with Your Help
Team Swanson Events
Reminder - The Promise Walk is on Saturday!!! Make sure you snap a pic and take a short video of who you are and where you're walking. If you're a survivor of a hypertensive disorder of pregnancy, wear a flower crown (or just a flower in your hair) as you walk. If you post on social media, tag your post with #teamswansonpromisewalk (yeah it's a mouthful!).
One of the great things about a virtual walk is that anyone can do it from anywhere - whether you're in Madison, Texas, or stuck abroad sheltering in place. I'm asking that everyone walk for at least 21 minutes - the gestational age I was at when I developed severe preeclampsia.
You can upload your photos and videos HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/request/4K51veQu232VKWyEB5Qu
Raffles and Prizes
Team Swanson knows how to have fun! Here's what's being planned for prizes:
- Oldest walker (let Dawn know if you are 55+) - $20 gift card to A Room of One's Own books
- Youngest walker (let Dawn know if you think your kiddo may qualify) - $20 gift card to A Room of One's Own books
- Walker furthest from Madison, WI - $20 Starbucks gift card or a $20 gift card to a local coffee shop
- Furry Friend Raffle (1 entry per furry friend) - $10 gift card to Nutty Mutz & Crazy Catz
- If a non-local wins, sub out for a local pet store of your choice
- Local Madison walker Raffle - sourdough starter, loaf of sourdough bread, and homemade cookies
- Grand Prize Raffle (1 entry per $25 donated) - hand knit pair of socks!
Zoom Event Information - email Dawn for information