Team Swanson Fundraising Page
Team Swanson Events!
Your help is needed, and while we can't come together in person, I hope that this event can still be fun. The overall event is hosting a virtual silent auction which you are welcome to participate in too!
TEAM SWANSON EVENTS
Now through June 6
Raise Money! Donate! Feel free to share this post - we have a goal of raising $1,500, and we've raised $586 so far as of May 8!
Sign up to walk! Join our team for our virtual walk! Show your support! While there's no required donation to participate, I suggest a $25 donation per walker.
You can do both of these things here: https://secure.qgiv.com/event/pwmadison/account/926358/
June 6 - WALK DAY!
One of the great things about a virtual walk is that anyone can do it from anywhere - whether you're in Madison, Texas, or stuck abroad sheltering in place. I'm asking that everyone walk for at least 21 minutes - the gestational age I was at when I developed severe preeclampsia.
While you are walking, because we can't walk together, I want you to walk with your cell phone and complete the following tasks on your walk:
(1) If you are a survivor of a hypertensive disorder of pregnancy such as gestational hypertension, preeclampsia, eclampsia, or HELLP syndrome, find or make a flower crown and wear it on your walk (or just wear a flower in your hair)! (resources at the bottom)
(2) During your walk, record a short video including your name and where you are walking. Send it to Dawn after the event - more information on how to upload and where to send to come.
(3) When you finish, snap a pic of you and your crew waving at the camera
I encourage you to include your furry friends, stay hydrated, and have some fun! If the weather is going to be bad on 6/6, feel free to walk on a treadmill or walk a few days before.
On Sunday, June 7, please send all of your clips to Dawn (process TBD - will probably include dropbox). We will have a virtual post-walk party on Sunday June 7 at 3 PM. Zoom link to come.
This will include some fun prizes for walk participants! There will be prizes for the oldest walker, the youngest walker, furthest walker from Madison, WI, and drawings based on the following:
- All furry friends who walk will be entered into a Furry Friend Drawing
- All participants will receive one entry per $25 raised in the Sock Drawing - I will hand knit you a pair of socks if you win this raffle!
Other ideas for drawings? Want to donate to a prize for a raffle? Let Dawn know!
Resources for flower crowns:
Felt flower crown - https://www.instructables.com/id/Felt-Flower-Crowns/
Real flower crown - https://flowermag.com/easy-diy-flower-crown/
- View More Recent Activity