Sleep Out! Columbus 2019 Leaderboard
- 1 Jessica Barwell $5,696.50 raised
- 2 Sonya Thesing $4,680.00 raised
- 3 Chaz Hixen $3,174.20 raised
- 4 Becky Westerfelt $1,783.75 raised
- 5 Lija Kaleps-Clark $1,413.00 raised
- 1 Huckstars $7,675.25 raised
- 2 Youth Angels $6,996.50 raised
- 3 LC2019 $5,551.80 raised
- 4 Team Change For the Good $5,056.75 raised
- 5 The Worthington Warriors $3,174.20 raised
Sleep Out Columbus 2019 - A record breaking night is in the books!
On April 12, 100 people slept outside at COSI to raise awareness and funds to help homeless youth in central Ohio. The next morning, participants shared their experiences and thoughts.
"I could not fall asleep because I was worried about my stuff just being out there."
"I was thankful I could go inside to use a bathroom."
"I can't imagine doing this for more than one night."
"I recognize that I was here by choice. Too many young people are living this way and not by choice.
This year, 2,000 young people in Columbus will experience homelessness. Last year, Huckleberry House provided over 4,000 nights of shelter to over 500 teenagers who found safety and support at the Huckleberry House crisis shelter.
75 young adults graduated from the Huck House Transitional Living Program. During their 18-months in the program, each young adult had a safe place to live while gaining the education, employment, and life skills needed to live independently in permanent housing.
Every dollar raised by Sleep Out participants will benefit the proven programs of Huckleberry House. It's not too late help us reach our $100,000 goal. Please consider a donation before June 15.
- View More Recent Activity
Our Newest Participants
- OE Okon Ekpenyong $25.00 raised
- JL Jaylene Lewis $25.00 raised
- Helen speiser $506.00 raised
- SA Sarah Arnold $25.00 raised
- DR David Reierson $0.00 raised
- Vanessa Vinson $228.50 raised
- AH Alexis Harris $25.00 raised
- MG Melanie Glenn $20.00 raised
- RL Ruth Lomax $25.00 raised
- ML Mark Lomax II $25.00 raised