Climb a Mountain to Save Lives
This expedition is a trip of a lifetime — a hike to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro (19,340 ft / 5,895 m).
February 10 - 16, 2024
Our team participants will train their bodies for the physical and mental rigors of high altitude. They will think creatively and activate their networks to raise money for the innovative young scientists supported by the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation. Our goal as a collective team is to reach at least $1M for brave and bold Damon Runyon scientists.
Donate to the Timmerman Traverse
To make a donation, select the name of the climber you would like to support or make a gift below to the full 2024 Timmerman Traverse team.
To make an offline donation, please send your gift to the address below. Be sure to include the name of the climber you are supporting. For stock donations or wire transfer instructions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation
Attn: Timmerman Traverse
One Exchange Plaza, 55 Broadway, Suite 302
New York, NY 10006
Meet the Team
- GY Guang Yang $0.00 raised
- GE George Eastwood $0.00 raised
- Martin Strebl-Bantillo $0.00 raised
- Kim Kamdar $0.00 raised
- HP Hari Pujar $0.00 raised
- Jason Steiner $3,478.00 raised
- Frank Metzel $4,089.00 raised
- Abbas Kazimi $5,600.00 raised
- Henry Kilgore $0.00 raised
- Pablo Lubroth $0.00 raised
- Yaron Werber $9,666.00 raised
- Katherine Andersen $2,925.00 raised
- Dave Frakes $100.00 raised
- Wei (Will) Chen $20.00 raised
- Mairin Rooney $500.00 raised
- Teri Loxam $700.00 raised
- Nagesh Mahanthappa $13,368.00 raised
- Erika Smith $18,025.00 raised
- Stella Paffenholz $50.00 raised
- Mike Huckman $11,925.00 raised
What Your Dollars Support
At the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation, we fund high-risk, high-reward cancer research. We identify and enable young scientists who are brilliant, brave, and bold enough to go where others haven’t.
Since our founding, Damon Runyon cancer researchers have made extraordinary breakthroughs in every area of cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. To this day, we support the next generation of leaders — emerging talent with unique insights, drive, and boundless vision. We will not stop until we have the tools to prevent or cure all cancers.