Why You Should Support #Voiceless4AnimalJustice
On November 6, compassionate Canadians across the country are pledging to go silent for 24 hours in support of the animals whose voices are silenced by industries, and by our legal and political systems.
Many people are shocked to learn that Canada has some of the worst animal protection laws in the western world.
In Canada, there are no federal regulations protecting animals from abuse on farms, in zoos and aquariums, or in laboratories. It’s still legal to import and sell dog and cat fur, animal trophies, and elephant ivory. In Canada, it’s legal to kill and eat your pets.
While many countries around the world are constantly passing new laws protecting animals, Canada is falling behind.
And that’s why Animal Justice exists.
Animal Justice is the only national animal law organization fighting to transform Canada into a kinder country for animals. Animal Justice defends animals by fighting for them in court, pushing for stronger laws, and working to ensure the laws already on the books are vigorously enforced. The lawyers at Animal Justice have made it their mission to transform Canada's legal and political systems to bring animals the protections they desperately need.
But we need your help to make it happen.
#Voiceless4AnimalJustice is a three-week community fundraiser to support Animal Justice’s vital work to transform the legal system and protect animals from the heartbreaking cruelty they face on a massive scale. On November 6 (or another day of their choosing), participants will take part in a 24-hour vow of silence to raise awareness about the animals who have no voice in our legal and political systems.
To learn more about Animal Justice’s life-saving work, please watch the video below.
Please make a special gift to support our mission of compassion, or register today to join #Voiceless4AnimalJustice!
Learn More About Animal Justice by Watching the 2020 Year in Review Video!
- 1 Erica Bowes $3,052.50 raised
- 2 Shannon Nickerson $2,906.00 raised
- 3 Cindy Hasselmann $1,880.25 raised
- 4 Camille Labchuk $1,535.25 raised
- 5 Lori Croonen $1,510.05 raised
- 1 Animal Justice Staff $6,323.75 raised
- 2 Club Silencio $2,840.75 raised
- 3 Central Alberta Vegans $807.50 raised
- 4 Vegans of Ontario $530.00 raised
- 5 University of Toronto Animal Justice Society $170.00 raised
1 John Wiseman $1,335.00
2 Anonymous $600.00
3 Richard Lees $600.00
4 Karen Shah $525.00
5 Stephanie Quesnel $500.00
Cow image in the banner is by Jo-Anne McArthur / We Animals Media.
of your goal reached
- Mark Santi November 2021 $25.00
- Kim Horvath November 2021 $52.50
- Carol A Murawsky November 2021 $35.00
- Marisa Duncan November 2021
- Lyra Maravilla November 2021 $100.00
- Anonymous November 2021
- SCOTT BRUCE Thanks for the important work you do. November 2021
- Lina Sconza Claudia, I'm so impressed by your commitment. You are an inspiration! November 2021 $25.00
- Stephanie MacDonald November 2021 $52.50
- Anonymous Sara, just saw this. Happy to be a small part of your good work! xoxo Lissa November 2021
- Anonymous November 2021
- Jenny McQueen November 2021 $52.50
- Adrienne Richard November 2021 $52.50
- Jonathan Garritano i Thanks for all the amazing work you do November 2021 $25.00
- View More Recent Supporters
- John Wiseman Wonderful people doing wonderful things for the animals ❤️ November 2021 $1,335.00
- Richard Lees October 2021 $600.00
- Anonymous Let’s hit this goal :) All the best JT. October 2021 $600.00
- Karen Shah I am so happy to donate to this wonderful cause. To help our country be educated toward the cruelty of animals and make a change where people recognize this needs to stop. November 2021 $525.00
- Stephanie Quesnel November 2021 $500.00
- Emer O'Hagan November 2021 $500.00
- JIM PIETRANGELO October 2021 $500.00
- Dennis Milling October 2021 $400.00
- Anonymous your silence speaks volumes for animals ❤️ November 2021 $367.50
- Cheryl Albuquerque you must have been just bustin' with things to say!! i do believe talking to cats and flowers is considered acceptable :). Way to go you beautiful animal and human defender November 2021 $315.00
- Cheryl Simpson Always -- for the animals.... October 2021 $315.00
- Anonymous Thanks for spreading the awareness and your commitment to this great cause, Erica. DN November 2021 $300.00
- Grail Springs Retreat Centre for Wellbeing November 2021 $262.50
- Andrea Rogers November 2021 $262.50
- View More Top Donors
Animal Justice Society joined University of Toronto Animal Justice Society
Mark Santi donated $25.00 to Claudia Biagi
Kim Horvath donated $52.50 to #Voiceless4AnimalJustice 2021
Carol A Murawsky donated $35.00 to #Voiceless4AnimalJustice 2021
Marisa Duncan made a donation to Charly Phillips
- View More Recent Activity