Dan's Animal Justice Fundraising Campaign - 5 November
I joined the Animal Justice team in March 2022 and have been amazed at the work my colleagues are doing to transform Canada's weak animal protection laws, including:
- Supporting Bill S-5 as it passed through the Senate. The bill is now being sent to the House of Commons and could help end toxicity tests on animals in Canada, which are some of the worst and most painful forms of animal experimentation.
- Their groundbreaking legal challenge to strike down Ontario’s ag gag law, which has involved testifying during cross-examinations and the monumental task of avoiding being buried by the government's 2,368 pages of evidence.
- Monitoring and reporting illegal dolphin shows to police, resulting in a criminal animal cruelty charge.
- Coordinating the response to Canada's upcoming nonsensical dog import ban that will restrict the work of dog rescue groups who have been successfully finding Canadian homes for dogs in need.
- Championing Bill S-241, which will help the estimated 4,000 lions, tigers and other big cats currently languishing in the backyards of wannabe "Tiger Kings".
- Pressuring Justin Trudeau to keep his promise and end Canada's cruel live horse export, which crams giant draft horses onto cargo planes destined to overseas slaughterhouses for sashimi meat.
- As well as supporting advocates, liaising with politicians, responding to media requests, coordinating with advocacy coalitions, and the thousands of other things they do to help animals in Canada.
#Voiceless4AnimalJustice is Animal Justice’s annual fundraising drive where supporters ask their friends and family to sponsor a 24-hour vow of silence. Please consider making a donation towards my personal goal before the 5 November deadline!
In addition to shutting me up for a day, your gift will support Animal Justice's mission to overhaul Canada's legal and political systems and give animals the legal protections they desperately need.