2023 Walk Ahead for Brain Tumor Discoveries!
Online registration is now closed. Don't worry! You can stil register in person Packet Pickup on Thursday, October 12 from 4 - 7 p.m. at Fleet Feet Cincinnati-Oakley, or at the event on Sunday, October 15.
New Year, New Event Name! "Walk Ahead for Brain Tumor Discoveries" best conveys the mission and work of the UC Brain Tumor Center as we focus on discoveries, aiming to enhance each aspect of multi-disciplinary brain tumor care, which in turn will develop into cures. The Brain Tumor Center treats and studies all brain tumors: adults and pediatric, lower and high grades, different parts of the brain, and primary and metastatic tumors. Each of these tumor types will require unique discoveries to deliver cures.
Join this wonderful community of brain tumor patients, loved ones and supporters as we Walk Ahead as a united front to advance research, treatment and education at the University of Cincinnati Brain Tumor Center.
Can’t make the event? Considering making a donation to help drive discovery and impact brain tumor patients right here in Cincinnati.
of your goal reached
Sawyer Point Park
705 E. Pete Rose Way
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Registration and the Walk Ahead event area will be located on the west side of the Purple People Bridge tunnels at the top of the Serpentine Wall.
Schedule of Events
8:00 a.m. Registration Opens
8:50 a.m. Survivor Photo at the Quilt Display
9:00 a.m. Walk/Run Begins
9:15 a.m. PostParty Opens
*All food is complimentary, excluding the Trolley Donuts Truck, complimentary food is available while supplies last.
Thursday, October 12th
4 - 7 p.m.
Fleet Feet Cincinnati-Oakley
3235 Madison Road
Check-in prior to the race, recieve your bid number and t-shirt (if applicable).
Teams will be allowed to check-in and receive all items for their team members at packet pick-up ONLY. Following packet pick-up, only individual check-in will be allowed.
Walk Ahead for a Brain Tumor Cure - Why I Walk
Walk Ahead Leaderboard
- 1 Mary Jo Blankemeyer $10,040.00 raised
- 2 John Daymut $3,294.60 raised
- 3 Patty Young $1,727.86 raised
- 4 Lisa Fox $1,220.00 raised
- 5 Collin June $964.00 raised
- 6 Tracey Riepenhoff $871.00 raised
- 7 Mary Stauffer $704.60 raised
- 8 Gale Beckett $540.00 raised
- 9 David Beckett $540.00 raised
- 10 Elizabeth Byrd $480.00 raised
- 1 Tip-a-Canoe and Tom Too $14,007.20 raised
- 2 Mind OBER Matter $11,634.40 raised
- 3 Sankhya’s Brainiacs $10,553.84 raised
- 4 Fox's Fast Friends $7,537.12 raised
- 5 Team Teresa $6,622.00 raised
- 6 For the Love of Sean $6,436.40 raised
- 7 Nobody Fights Alone $5,655.14 raised
- 8 Collin's Crew $5,584.20 raised
- 9 You Never Walk Alone $5,318.60 raised
- 10 Team Deb $4,845.60 raised
Our Newest Participants
- View More Recent Activity