The J Team and Me
Our family has been touched by Autism since our youngest daughter was diagnosed at 4 years old. I am also a Special Education Paraprofessional and work with many students on the Autism spectrum. Not a day goes by that we aren’t reminded just how challenging this journey can be for so many families. We are also reminded that if we look beyond Autism we will see someone very special who has so much to offer and to teach us.
Our team began in concept last year when our good friend and neighbor, TJ, surprised our family and ran the Flutie 5K for our daughter, Julia. We were unaware that TJ, who suffers from severe nerve damage, had been planning on running the 5K. We were touched when we received his text with a picture of TJ and Doug and a message that he ran for Julia and so many others like her. That day when TJ arrived home he gave his medal to Julia and he vowed to run the race in 2022 but this time with a team behind him and a bigger goal in mind.
Little did I know that I would be recruited to actually run…something I have never done nor had any interest in doing. I was happy to coordinate the race, volunteer, donate, even walk but running was out of the question! TJ didn’t stop until I gave in and started The J Team with him. If TJ can do it, the rest of us have no excuse! So here we are today, the very beginnings of The J Team.
We are looking to grow our team so please consider joining and shuffling along with us on October 16th or donating to help us reach our goal!
Tell your Donors about your Fundraising!
Thank you for signing up and fundraising for the 2022 Flutie 5k! This is your fundraising page where you can set a goal, upload images, and share on social media with donors.
Page Editing Instructions
- To edit any piece of your page, click the gear icon in the top right corner of each content box. Be sure to click "Update" at the bottom and then save on the bottom left of the page to ensure everything saves!
- To hide any element on the page, click the eye icon in the top right corner of each content box.
- To move a section, click and drag any item to a different part of the page. Hover over the section until you see a grey box show up and then you can let go.
- Edit your story. In this text box, you can delete all of this wording and tell donors about why you are participating in the 2022 Flutie 5k. I suggest dragging an image from your files directly into the content box. Sometimes the “insert image” button can be hard to use.
- Add photos to the image galleries below and to the side of anything that may apply!
- Don’t forget to save before you leave your page or else your edits won’t save!
- Share, share, share!
If you have any questions at all about setting up your page or your fundraising efforts, please contact Tia Dawson - Development Coordinator for Events & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.