Join the Bikes Not Bombs Community on a Bike Ride for Social Change!
We are excited to announce that the 35th annual Bike-A-Thon will be in-person on September 11th, 2022! Register to ride one of four scenic routes: 10 mile, 30 mile, 50 mile, or 100 mile road routes. Each route will be fully supported with rest stops, food, and route markings. Your participation will support work that is needed more than ever. This year with your support, Bikes Not Bombs will:
- Engage over 200 young people in Bike School in Jamaica Plain, at Boston Public Schools, at our new Roxbury Hub at Children's Services of Roxbury.
- Employ over 30 young people as paid Youth Apprentices who build critical workplace skills in a supportive and caring environment.
- Ship thousands of bicycles overseas to community partners in the Global South who are working to advance environmental, economic, and social justice initiatives.
Riders of all ages are encouraged to participate by registering and meeting their fundraising minimums:
|Age||Registration Fee||Fundraising Minimum|
|Youth 15-17 (may ride alone with signed waiver from parent/guardian)||$30||$100|
|Youth 12-14 (must ride with parent/guardian)||$30||$100|
|Youth under 12 (must ride with parent/guardian)||$30||$50|
We are offering tiered incentives for your fundraising, starting at $200:
|$400||Event T-shirt, BNB canvas tote bag|
|$750||Event T-shirt, BNB canvas tote bag, and BNB blanket|
|$1,500||Event T-shirt, BNB canvas tote bag, BNB blanket, and choice of a hoodie or cycling windbreaker!|
Please note that we are keeping up with all CDC recommendations with respect to COVID-19 safety precautions. We will communicate any necessary safety guidelines to all participants before the ride.
If riding is not for you, we would still love to have you join us. We need over 150 volunteers to make our Bike-A-Thon a success. Volunteer registration is free! Just click on the button above to learn more and sign up.
Spread the Word
We encourage riders to take photos and videos for BNB to share using the hashtags #BAT2022 and #BikeForSocialChange. We also encourage riders to follow us on social media and tag BNB in their posts.
We can't wait to spend the day with you, using the bicycle as a vehicle for social change!
- 1 ELLEN WALLACE $2,236.00 raised
- 2 Sarah Meyers $1,000.00 raised
- 3 Andrew Fischer $600.00 raised
- 4 James Putnam $495.00 raised
- 5 H Mark Smith $250.00 raised
- 6 Ken Wadland $200.00 raised
- 7 Chris Fredrickson $200.00 raised
- 8 Jacob Kach $200.00 raised
- 9 Steven Miller $200.00 raised
- 10 Bruce Williams $200.00 raised
- 1 Make Coffee Not War $270.00 raised
- 2 Book Pedlers $200.00 raised
- 3 Boston Cyclists Union-$50K Team $175.00 raised
- 4 the bee queens $130.00 raised
- 5 Pedaling Pandas $100.00 raised
- 6 Team Ruthzee $50.00 raised
- 7 Goddard Athletic Club $50.00 raised
- 8 Bank On Boston $50.00 raised
- 9 Random Acts of Cycling $50.00 raised
- 10 Gray Guide $30.00 raised
- View More Recent Activity
Our Newest Participants
- Ken Wadland $200.00 raised
- AC Aditya Chaganti $10.00 raised
- Frank Richichi $150.00 raised
- JS Joshua Stein $0.00 raised
- CF Chris Fredrickson $200.00 raised
- Sarah Meyers $1,000.00 raised
- PC Patrick Cutrona $50.00 raised
- Iris Mahoney $150.00 raised
- Sandy Yeung $100.00 raised
- WM Wayne Mesard $0.00 raised
- HM H Mark Smith $250.00 raised
- TR Tarso Ramos $100.00 raised
- T Ted Lewis $50.00 raised
- NK Nadia Khan $0.00 raised
- Bruce Myren $25.00 raised
- CC Christina Chen $0.00 raised
- PS Prajna Soni $0.00 raised
- AC Alexa Canaan $0.00 raised
- JK Jacob Kach $200.00 raised
- RP Rob Page $30.00 raised