The Monmouth County SPCA is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization led by a volunteer board of trustees. They are an independent organization not affiliated with the ASPCA, HSUS or Associated Humane Societies. The MCSPCA is also not a government agency and receives little or no funding from federal, state or local governments. Their ability to care for the community’s animals is supported solely by modest fees and donations.
In 2019, thanks to generous community support like yours, MCSPCA provided the following:
• 5,000 homeless pets were given a second chance at new lives with adoptive families
• 300 calls to prevent animal abuse/neglect were fielded by our Law Enforcement team
• Nearly 5,000 surgeries were performed by our in house low-cost Vogel Veterinary Care Center
• Over 4,000 school-aged children received education on the humane treatment of animals
• Over 450 volunteers provided 39,894 hours of service to ensure our animals receive exercise, socialization and daily enrichment
• More than 20 Monmouth County special needs schools and health care facilities received hundreds of visits from MCSPCA Pet Therapy teams, where MCSPCA certified animals engaged with disabled residents