US Foods Holiday Drive!
This holiday season, please join us in helping our community Make It by participating in our 7th annual US Foods Holiday Donation Drive to support the Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB)! With your help, we can make a difference in the lives of thousands of people in our community who face hunger every day. Remember that for every $1 donated, the food bank can help provide $8 worth of groceries to a family in need.
To celebrate your contributions and spread awareness of our campaign, every employee who donates will recieve a US Foods "Helping Communities Make It" wristband.
How to Donate
- Online - Click the 'Donate Now' button in the upper right-hand corner of this page to make an online donation using a credit card. After making your donation, be sure to stop by one of our Rosemont Connects Holiday Drive information tables, located in the Higgins and River Building lobbies on select days throughout the drive (see below for details), to pick up your US Foods "Helping Communities Make It" wristband.
- Cash or check - Make a cash or check donation by visiting one of our Holiday Drive information tables, which will be located in the lobbies of the Higgins and River Buildings on select days throughout the drive (see below for details). Rosemont Connects volunteers will be there to answer your questions, collect your donations, and provide you with a US Foods "Helping Communities Make It" wristband.
- Fundraising - Take the lead by joining Team US Foods and creating your own page to fundraise among your family and friends! Click the "Join Our Team!" button in the upper right-hand corner of this page to set your fundraising goal, customize your personal page, and begin fundraising!
Holiday Drive Information Tables
You may stop by our Holiday Drive Information Tables in the Higgins and River building lobbies to make donations, asks questions, or pick up your laptop sticker on the following dates:
- Week 1
- Tuesday, November 19 (7:30am - 9:30am in building lobbies; 11:30am - 1:00pm outside of FoodBarz)
- Thursday, November 21 (7:30am - 9:30am in building lobbies; 11:30am - 1:00pm outside of FoodBarz)
- Week 2
- THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY - NO TABLES
- Week 3
- Tuesday, December 3 - 5 (outside Riverway Auditorium during Family Feud; be on the lookout for game times to be announced)
- Week 4
- Tuesday, December 10 (Ugly Sweater Contest kick-off - donations encouraged; 2:00pm - 3:00pm)
- Thursday, December 12 (7:30am - 9:30am in building lobbies; 11:30am - 1:00pm outside of FoodBarz)
Enter to Win a Raffle Prize!
When you make a donation of $20 or more, you will be entered into our Holiday Drive raffle. Each week, we’ll be drawing for one $500 gift card and two $100 gift cards, so don’t miss your chance to win!
- $20 - 1 Raffle Entry
- $50 - 5 Raffle Entries
- $100 - 15 Raffle Entries
- Each additional $20 - 1 extra Raffle Entry
Raffle drawings will take place weekly, with the final drawing to be announced on Monday, December 16th. The earlier you make your donation, the more chances you'll have to win! NOTE: Raffle entries for all donations will be tracked electronically and drawings will be carried out using an online random number generator. You will not receive physical raffle tickets for your entries.
A portion of the funds we raise this year will sponsor the deployment of mobile food pantries to high-need areas where people have limited access to food resources. If you are interested in distributing groceries at a future NIFB Mobile Pantry sponsored by US Foods, please contact Jenece Upton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To learn more about how you, your team, family and friends can lend a helping hand this holiday season, visit the Northern Illinois Food Bank at solvehungertoday.org to view a list of upcoming volunteer opportunities. When you volunteer, be sure to log your hours in our US Foods Volunteer Hours Tracking Form, which can be accessed on the Intranet.
Your contribution is invaluable. On behalf of the half a million individuals supported by the food bank every year, THANK YOU!
Team BadgesView All Event Badges
- View More Recent Activity