HACA Fall Festival and Walk 2021 Leaderboard
- 1 George Sleboda $692.50 raised
- 2 Nina Duggan $577.50 raised
- 3 Kirstin Drye $472.50 raised
- 4 Luke Runion $360.00 raised
- 5 Robin Monin $301.25 raised
- 1 Walkers for Wesley 2021 $4,536.80 raised
- 2 Rock Steady for Eddie $2,720.00 raised
- 3 B's Knees $1,582.75 raised
- 4 The "Little A" Team $1,248.75 raised
- 5 Lauryn's Legion $689.75 raised
HACA Fall Festival and Walk 2021
Join the Hemophilia Association of the Capital Area for its 9th annual Fall Festival & Walk on Saturday, October 2, 2021.
We will be back together in person this year and look forward to celebrating with a fun day of activities, food, special events, and of course, walking! We will follow CDC guidelines regarding masking and social distancing at the time of the event, and we will have plenty of masks and hand sanitizer available.
Your donations will support:
- The George & Linda Price Scholarship program, and the newly created Job Readiness Grant, which is available to college students, non-traditional students looking to return to school, and people who need training or certification for advancement of their career;
- Donation to the National Hemophilia Foundation's Judith Graham Poole Postdoctoral Research Program;
- Funding for the parent support group at Children's National Medical System HTC;
- Medical alert jewelry for both adults and children;
- Financial assistance for our most vulnerable members and families during times of need;
- And more!
We will return to the lakeside pavilion at Lake Accotink Park in Springfield, VA, again this year. The day kicks off with check-in starting at 8:30 a.m.
The event will feature:
- A leisurely walk along lovely Lake Accotink
- Games and activities for the kids
- Magician Drew Owens as Professor Fizzwiffle
- A picnic lunch
- Visits with our event exhibitors
- Prizes for Best T-shirt, Best Team Name and Biggest Team
New this year: Bring some cash for a 50-50 raffle and bid on a chance to hurl a pie in the face of HACA's staff members: Executive Director Brenda Bordelon and Program Manager Robin Monin!
We look forward to another fun-filled day at Lake Accotink, and the chance to be together again!
Highlights from Our 2020 Virtual Walk!
Executive Director Brenda Bordelon and Buddy the Blood Drop on Walk Day at the park in September 2020.
Board president Robin Monin at Lake Accotink on Walk Day in 2020.
Team Benny's Blood on Walk Day 2020!
Chris and Geppetto represented Team HTC Hikers on walk day in 2020.
Members of Keep Calm and Clot On enjoyed Walk Day 2020 in Burke!
The Clotformers walked along the river at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in 2020.
Walkers for Wes walked through Green Spring Gardens in Alexandria in 2020.
Saul's Patrol team members gathered in Maryland to celebrate and walk!
The B's Knees Walked in Reston in 2020.