Competitions & Prizes
Explore-a-thon participants can compete to win prizes in different categories of competitions either as an individual or a team. Prizes and competitions are described here, but check back for additions!
To qualify for prizes:
- ALL individual and team competitors, except those competing in a photo category, MUST click here fill out miles/adventures form.
- ALL individual and team competitors in the photo category MUST click here and fill out photo submission form.
- Individuals qualify for prizes ONLY once they’ve donated or raised $50, including their own contribution via the registration fee.
- Teams qualify for prizes ONLY once they’ve donated or raised $100, including their own contribution via the registration fee. This threshold is waived for sponsors.
INDIVIDUAL COMPETITIONS & PRIZES
Most money donated or raised
- 1st place: Summertime patio experience at Troutbeck with a private chef’s dinner by candlelight for 6, tasting menu by award-winning chef Gabe McMackin. Donated by Troutbeck
- 2nd place: Full day, guided boat or wading trip for 2 on the Housatonic River with local river guide! Learn the use of rod, reel, waders, (included) and receive a fly-fishing lesson as well! After, you'll enjoy a complimentary lunch by the river and the natural scenery that abounds this northwestern region. Does not include flies, leaders, or gratuity. Donated by Housatonic River Outfitters
Most miles hiked
SingleNest Hammock with suspension system, Tecnica hiking shoes (1 pair, any size!) and a pair of Farm to Feet trail socks. Donated by Three Guys Ski & Ride, Sportsman’s of Litchfield and Arcadian Shop
Most miles paddled (canoe, kayak OR rowing)
Weekend canoe experience for two on the Housatonic River! Choose a six- or ten-mile trip, shuttle provided (reservations required). Donated by Clarke Outdoors
Most miles bicycled (road or trail)
Covered Bridge Electric Bike gift cards (2 cards at $120 each) that cover a ½ day rental for two people and two Cannondale trail bike helmets. Donated by Covered Bridge Electric Bike and D'Aniello's Amity Bicycles
TEAM COMPETITIONS & PRIZES
Most money donated or raised as a team
- 1st place: A guided overnight experience on the river via raft (24-hrs) for up to four people led by Adventure Recovery (AR) founder Tim Walsh. The experience starts in the Falls Village and leads down the river to the Stony Brook group campsite. Equipment is provided if needed; participants must bring their own sleeping kit. AR will provide a packing list and itinerary. The experience will be tailored to winners' interests (i.e., learning about flora/fauna, the river, etc.) and will be scheduled at a convenient time for them. Donated by Adventure Recovery
- 2nd place: A bountiful harvest for 6 months of organic veggies via a CSA Waldingfield Farms (Washington, CT). Donated by the Horan Family
Most miles hiked by a team
Patagonia prize pack: one Women's and Men’s Better Sweater 1/4 Zip; one Women’s and Men’s Long Sleeve Cap Cool Daily Graphic Shirt; one Women’s and Men’s Long Sleeve Cap Cool Daily Graphic Shirt; and two Ultralight Black Hole Hip Packs. Generously donated by Patagonia, sizes can be exchanged at any retail store; and XL case of snacks (popcorn power curls, veggie sticks, etc.). Donated by Patagonia and Lesser Evil
Best team photo
Gift basket from Connecticut’s lifestyle brand, The Two Oh Three. Donated by The Two Oh Three
Best team name
BlueQ prize pack including men’s and women’s socks, dishtowels, totes, and other giveaways. Donated by BlueQ