- 1 Mohler Brothers $5,900.00 raised
- 2 Richard Zeskind & Lynda Bender $2,153.05 raised
- 3 Larry Smith $1,888.71 raised
- 4 Kayleigh Keilty $1,153.11 raised
- 5 Brandon Metro $1,002.79 raised
- 1 Val's PALS $28,108.55 raised
- 2 Kathie Toth's Troop $12,571.43 raised
- 3 E-Team $8,761.93 raised
- 4 Mac Strong $7,766.96 raised
- 5 HCHP $5,960.30 raised
Brigance Brigade Foundation 5.7K Championship Event
Join the Brigance Brigade Foundation on Sunday, April 29th, 2018 at 9:00 am for the 5th annual 5.7K Championship Event at Baltimore’s beautiful Canton Waterfront Park (3001 Boston St, Baltimore, MD 21224).
Not local? Virtual Racer registrations are also available!
(Team SpeakLife, you'll be joining us as "Virtual Racers," too!)
This year we will race, run, walk, stroll, roll, and raise funds to help ALS families thrive, just in time to kick off the month of May -- ALS Awareness Month. Join us to #RaceforALS!
Proceeds from the event equip, encourage, and empower those battling ALS and their families. The Brigance Brigade Foundation is one of the only organizations providing support to people battling the disease right now. Your registration and donations turn into services, equipment and guidance that provide hope and help to people in the fight of their lives, the fight for their lives.
*See slideshow below for courses, t-shirt design, fundraising incentives, and more!*
In honor of O.J. Brigance's jersey number (#57), the 5.7K Championship Event features:
|Event||Pre-Registration (until 4/28)||Walk-Up Registration (on 4/29)|
Timed 5.7K Run/Walk (9am)
1.57 Mile Run/Walk (9am)
Kids' Fun Run (10:15am)
Professional timing services provided by Blue Cheetah Sports Timing and Event Management, LLC.
Two Options for Packet /T-shirt Pick-Up:
1. Saturday, April 28th at Canton Waterfront Park, 2PM - 6PM
Join Merritt Clubs and SMILE 4 FITNESS' own Linaya Johnson for a *FREE* 45-minute Boot Camp in Canton Waterfront Park at 2:30PM on packet pick up day! Come to exercise, register, AND pick up your materials for race day on Saturday, April 28th!
2. Sunday, April 29th at Canton Waterfront Park, 7AM - 8:30AM (Race Day!)
At the #RaceforALS...
- Join WBAL TV 11 stars, Dan Joerres (President & General Manager and 5.7K Honorary Chair) and our emcee extradordinare, Keith Mills, as well as special guests from 98 Rock, WBAL 1090AM Radio, and more.
- Make sure to dedicate your run or walk to someone special with a CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Tribute Bib.
- And check out the Maryland Fellowship of Christian Athletes' Kids' Fun Zone in Canton Waterfront Park once you've completed your race.
- All runners aged 21 and up receive a free 16oz beer in the Michelob Ultra Beer Garden in Celebration Village at Canton Waterfront Park! Additional beer available to purchase, with portion of the proceeds supporting ALS families and Brigance Brigade Foundation.
- Lib's Grill will be on-site with delicious food for purchase, and all proceeds support ALS families!
- The official after-party is at The BoatHouse Canton (walk there from Canton Waterfront Park!) and runners/walkers receive a 15% discount on their brunch order when they present their race bib.
- Participant parking for the Brigance Brigade Foundation's 5.7K Championship Event will be available at the parking lot across from the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tower on S. Clinton St. Reduced rate parking ($7.00 per vehicle) is being provided by Lanier Parking.
- Respite tent available for anyone with a disability who needs a place to rest or for privacy. Accessible portable restrooms available on-site as well.
...about race registration, logistics, race timing, etc? Please contact Andrea Gilde at Blue Cheetah Sports Timing and Event Management: email@example.com
... about fundraising, the work of the Brigance Brigade Foundation, or anything else? Please contact Amanda or Kelly at Brigance Brigade Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org / 410-878-2030
See our awesome fundraising incentives
See our awesome fundraising incentives
Top TWO #RaceforALS individual fundraisers receive VIP tickets!
Top two fundraisers plus one guest each will have the exclusive opportunity to attend Pawject Runway as a sold-out VIP guest on May 5th at Royal Farms Arena! Read more: www.pawjectrunway.org
Bountiful Brigade trophy for largest team
*New this year* The largest team will win the Bountiful Brigade trophy (and bragging rights) in honor of their team-building success. Definition of boun·ti·ful ... large in quantity; abundant. Giving generously. We are so grateful for our #RacefoALS teams!
1.57 Mile Course Map
Please note the change from last year: the 1.57 mile course will travel the same course as the 5.7K, but turn back earlier.