Sheehy & Molinelli
Together, we can make a difference!
Bill Sheehy Co-founded this event in 2017. They set a goal to raise $1,000,000 by running Half Marathons. At the onset, Bill was age 70.
- They ran the Trenton Half Marathon (2017) and Princeton Half Marathon (2018) together. The event now includes a 10K, 5K and 1 mile Family Fun Walk at the Mercer Meadows Miller in Pennington, NJ.
- After five years we’ve raised $877,491
- In June, the Club granted 22 scholarships from the proceeds of the event.
- This year our goal is $180,000. These funds will be used to support the college access program, developed by the club staff, specifically to assist introducing club members to the opportunities available through higher education.
- Bill, at age 75, will run the Mercer Meadows Miler 5k; John Molinelli will run the 10K, and Jeff Strasburg will do a bike race to show his support.
Here are three reasons why we are asking for your support:
- As an institution, the B&G Club is an oasis of hope in a city with severe challenges. The Club is “making a difference” by changing the lives of hundreds of at-risk children seeking further education and a safe place to go after school.
- Donations go directly to the Club, a highly respected 501c(3) local non-profit. The leadership of Dave Anderson and Reggie Coleman is extraordinary and the well credentialed staff is dedicated to fulfilling their worthy mission.
- The Club empowers youth to excel in school, set goals for the future, develop post-high school pathways and make choices that can change the trajectories of lives. The goal is to improve the number of students who go on to higher education. Many inner-city students don't have access to the same opportunities afforded those who reside in more prosperous communities.
If you want to play a part in this amazing journey, please click on the “donate” below. Select the participant you wish to support.
Bill Sheehy, John Molinelli, Jeff Strasburg and Sara O’Connor.
About BGC Mercer:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Mercer County provides young people, ages 5-18, with educational, social, and recreational activities through after-school, summer and online programs. Programs focus on building bright futures! Each year BGC Mercer gives 2,600 youth access to character development, college and career preparation, and tools for healthy-living. Their mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.