Thank you for visiting our event page. We are so excited for our 21st Annual Down Syndrome Awareness Walk at Olin Park on Sunday, October 2nd!
With the support of our generous friends like you, we were able to host monthly family programs, award grants to families in need around the state, send new and expectant parent packs at no cost to parents who received a Down syndrome diagnosis, and so much MORE in 2021! WOW - thank you! We rely on the incredible support of our community to make DSAW-South Central's services happen. The majority of our programs and events are fully funded by this annual Awareness Walk, and we need YOU to help make them happen. Join us!
(meet at Tenney Park Boat Launch at 10:30 am)
|Registration & FAMILY FESTIVAL begins|
|12pm||Welcome program, 21 Showcase, and Walk rally|
|12:30pm||Down Syndrome Awareness Walk|
|2:30pm||Farewell Program & raffle winners posted. *Must be present to win*|
|3:00pm||See you next year!|
Car Parade Information:
We are thrilled to announce that on Walk Day we will have a meet-up and car parade again! Decorate your vehicle in Down syndrome awareness colors (blue & yellow)! Wear your DSAW gear or DS swag! Make signs and posters to hang in the window! Use window markers, ribbons, flags, balloons, magnets, 3/21, Acceptance + Inclusion + Opportunity, etc. Be creative!! Top Fundraising Teams are invited to lead the procession! To practice safe social distancing, you do not need to check-in upon arrival and can remain in your vehicle.
Car Parade requires separate registration! Click here to fill out the form to join the car parade.
- Meet at Tenney Park Boat Launch (1615 Sherman Ave, Madison, WI 53704) at 10:30AM
- Car parade will start at 10:45AM promptly!
- Some decoration supplies will be available onsite.
- Car parade ends at Olin Park for the DSAW-South Central Awareness Walk and Family Festival
Pre-register online until 12pm CST on Friday, September 30, 2022.
Registration includes day-long entry and full access to the event, Walk, t-shirt, family festival, and free concessions.
NOTE: Our early bird pricing deadline has passed! Registration is now $21.
|Walk (ages 3+)||$21|
|Walk (2 and under)||Free|
Walk Participant with Down syndrome
|*Virtual Walkers (includes direct shipping)||
ALL PARTICIPANTS: Register by August 31 at 11:59pm to be guaranteed a t-shirt on Walk Day.
*Virtual Walker Registration
If you are unable to attend this event in person or would feel more comfortable celebrating from afar, register as a virtual walker! Registration includes a t-shirt shipped directly to the address you provide (USA only). Virtual Walkers must register by August 31 at 11:59pm.
Registration & T-shirts
T-shirts are available to be picked up at the Walk on October 2nd. T-shirt tables will be located near registration. Please designate ONE PERSON ONLY from your group or team to check in at registration, turn in all money, and pick up t-shirts.
By registering for this event, you agree to DSAW-South Central Terms & Conditions.
FLASH GIVEAWAY! Any DSAW-SC Awareness Walk team that raises $500 by the end of August will be entered into a drawing to win a guided wine tasting for 4 with chocolate pairings at Northleaf Winery! Tasting must be redeemed in September.
- Last year's First Place Team, Kennedy's Wildflowers, is ineligible for the top prize. Winners for the past two years are not eligible for the billboard prize.
- The cut-off for online donations that qualify for the Top Fundraising Prizes is 11:59PM on October 1st.
- All cash and check donations must be at the DSAW-South Central post office box by noon on September 30th to qualify.
21 Showcase & Awards Ceremony
We will host our 21 Showcase where individuals with Down syndrome of ALL ages will get a chance to walk the catwalk in front of their family and friends.
The deadline for the 21 Showcase has passed. See you at the Walk!
- 1 Luna Mae-Zing $5,312.00 raised
- 2 Jacob Man’s Crew $3,266.50 raised
- 3 Chasey's Champs $2,182.25 raised
- 4 Kennedy's Wildflowers $2,163.00 raised
- 5 J.J.'s Buddies $1,599.00 raised
- 6 Coolman Coleman $1,558.25 raised
- 7 Mighty Mae $1,332.00 raised
- 8 Marek’s Masked Movers $1,057.45 raised
- 9 Team Addie $956.10 raised
- 10 Pauly in the U.S.A $906.05 raised
- 11 Harsh's Minions $903.15 raised
- 12 Oliver and Company $863.20 raised
- 13 Emilyn’s Extras $816.55 raised
- 14 Caleb's Crew $620.60 raised
- 15 Team Kinley $613.20 raised
- 16 Queen Elizabeth $563.00 raised
- 17 Ensley rocks $500.05 raised
- 18 Aug Dawg Pack $334.00 raised
- 19 Emma's Tribe $318.05 raised
- 20 Breezy's Cruisers $240.05 raised
- 1 Don Sura $550.20 raised
- 2 Deborah Paul $521.00 raised
- 3 Paul Cordes $450.00 raised
- 4 Jessica Schuster $364.10 raised
- 5 Melissa Shutwell $271.00 raised
- 6 Julie Bower $242.00 raised
- 7 Coleman Bray $200.00 raised
- 8 Jen Brydges $172.20 raised
- 9 Chase Bower $172.05 raised
- 10 Valerie Weiss $130.20 raised
- 11 Chad Blackburn $127.05 raised
- 12 Fairy Elmer $127.05 raised
- 13 Kaye Baus $127.05 raised
- 14 Bethany Anderson $121.00 raised
- 15 Deborah H Sova $121.00 raised
- 16 Susan A Moore $121.00 raised
- 17 Cheryll McCormick $121.00 raised
- 18 Addie Michek $100.00 raised
- 19 Susan Farnsworth $79.00 raised
- 20 Carrie Bresette $76.65 raised
About DSAW-South Central
The mission of DSAW-South Central is to provide support to individuals with Down syndrome and their families while advancing acceptance, inclusion and opportunity for individuals with Down syndrome in South Central Wisconsin. Our vision is to create a world where individuals with Down syndrome are valued as self-sufficient and contributing members of the greater society.